SCROG - 4Way LST Question

• Thread starter ggrow1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ggrow1

ggrow1

Hello All,

I have 3 SCROG-like indoor grows under my belt. For my 4th attempt, I decided to follow LBH's 4-Way LST in an attempt to get more symmetrical results. and to keep my canopy nice and low. My plants are a few weeks into veg. I have inserted a marked up picture below. Per LBH's 4-Way LST instructions, I topped the plant after the 4th node and the one main became two. In the LBH tutorial, I should now have 2 mains, and 2 secondaries making this a 4-Way plant. But what I seem to have is a six way plant. Two mains above the red line, 2 secondaries (blue arrow) and another 2 secondaries (purple arrow).

Why do I have an extra 2 secondaries making this a 6-way plant? I am thinking of toping the plant at the red line which would remove the top of the plant and make this a 4-way? Is this recommended? Other than slowing down veg while the plant recovers, is there any other issue with remove the tops (at the red line) at this point?

My plants are Acai Gelato x FPOG and have been growing well with nice thick stems. I am trying to keep it relatively low this time so that I can keep my SCROG net at a minimum height as I ran into height issues on my previous attempts.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Scrog   4way lst question

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hello All,

I have 3 SCROG-like indoor grows under my belt. For my 4th attempt, I decided to follow LBH's 4-Way LST in an attempt to get more symmetrical results. and to keep my canopy nice and low. My plants are a few weeks into veg. I have inserted a marked up picture below. Per LBH's 4-Way LST instructions, I topped the plant after the 4th node and the one main became two. In the LBH tutorial, I should now have 2 mains, and 2 secondaries making this a 4-Way plant. But what I seem to have is a six way plant. Two mains above the red line, 2 secondaries (blue arrow) and another 2 secondaries (purple arrow).

Why do I have an extra 2 secondaries making this a 6-way plant? I am thinking of toping the plant at the red line which would remove the top of the plant and make this a 4-way? Is this recommended? Other than slowing down veg while the plant recovers, is there any other issue with remove the tops (at the red line) at this point?

My plants are Acai Gelato x FPOG and have been growing well with nice thick stems. I am trying to keep it relatively low this time so that I can keep my SCROG net at a minimum height as I ran into height issues on my previous attempts.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 1164096
No don't top at the red line. You have 2 shoots at the top and 2 coming up from below. Great, let them grow , when they catch up to the top you can top them as well. The 2 you have at the top can turn to 4 by topping the next set when there's room to do that ( space between the nodes).
Some bend others top I top and bend or tie down If the canopy gets in the way and light can't penetrate to the lower shoots / branches / arms I'll take a leaf or 2 off if covering the shoots I want to develop....OR .......you can cut the lower shoots and use them for clones

Latest posts

Top Bottom