SCROG, PH & General questions for a first time grower

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I'm a first time grower, my plants are 35 days old, and I am new to all of this. I'm growing Grandaddy Purp Autos. I cropped the tops on week 3 and my plants took very well to it. I have been doing minor lolipopping and trying to clear the bottoms of my plants and seems it has caused zero stress. I do have 1 mutant plant (not herming) in the back middle. That plant has three blade leaves,BUT has the most bud sites and most pre flowering so far. (Has always been my problem plant since germination).
I literally just set up my SCROG. I realize it's lower to the base of my plants from what I have read, but my plants are simply just really small. I put them through hell (first time grower mistakes) by overwatering, nutrients way too early, lights too close. That's all fixed but plants are just small. I bought a ph reader for the soil today and all my plants are reading 7.1 to 7.2. My PH in the beggining was always 6.0 (per water reading) and after reccommendations I took it up to 6.5. I'm using Fox Farm "Grow Big", Fox Farm "Big Bloom", and today I used BushDoctor "Cal-Mag", Tiger Bloom "Buds and Blooms and black strap mollasses (all at 1/4 dosage).
My questions are what could be causing PH to be higher then what I have been watering for 5 weeks, should I water with a lower PH next time to bring it down and lastly, does my SCROG look correct or should I have it all?
Thank you guys for all the help thus far. You saved my plants in the beggining and taught me alot. Any help would be appreciated.
I have attached pictures of my nutes, a video of my plants just now after SCROG and some pictures along the way

Scrog  ph  general questions for a first time grower
Scrog  ph  general questions for a first time grower 2
Scrog  ph  general questions for a first time grower 3
Scrog  ph  general questions for a first time grower 4
Scrog  ph  general questions for a first time grower 5
rockyracoonface

rockyracoonface

II am new also and may crash and burn at any moment. I kinda think your plants aren’t going to get very big unless they are going to grow a lot from here. My two White Widow Autos in the front are a little less than 30 days.I know you have a different strain but my larger one in the back started to flower at about 5 weeks. You might not need to scrog or LST. It seems like Autos veg for about 5 weeks and flower for 8. If that is the case you have a week left of veg. I don’t know. How long do they veg?
53296FD4 3F2D 4EAF B7C3 8A44039BC6A3

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I think had I not done LST the past 3 weeks they would have been probably twice as big in height

rockyracoonface

rockyracoonface

I cropped the sixth node when it sprouted close to three weeks. My younger plants grew short for some reason. The older one has slowed down and is twenty inches. I don’t think I am topping mine next time. My strain is suppose to be small and compact 20 to 24 inches. I read that one of the issues with topping is that the two new tops can get heavy and splits if you just top it by pinching the bud.

rockyracoonface

rockyracoonface

Maybe mine stopped vegging at 5 weeks because it is a smaller strain.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Good info. I Topped at the same location in mine and got 2 really nice new growths on all the plants in top. I will be doing prototypes next time but we are in a Major time crunch and space constraints. I'll be happy just to have them bud lol. I know I'm probably trying to much at one time for a new grower, but my general knowledge of horticulture from being a landscaper has taught me alot about proper pruning and manipulation of plants. Guess I'll just have to see when we get back from a 10 day vacation to Jamaica in October.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Maybe mine stopped vegging at 5 weeks because it is a smaller strain.
Mine was showing flowering signs on day 31. My mutant is the one that has the best looking and amount of pistils. I'm wondering if because all the stress that one plant has succumb, that this is what's making it produce more. Since plants produce THC (from what I've read) when stressed as a method of survival, I'm wondering if this is playing a roll in why though it's my smallest plant, seems to be flowering at a much more rapid pace

Top Bottom