SE3000...any grows where you didn’t get it for free?

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

Hey all! Looking for a LED for full cycle in a 3x3 and was looking into the SpiderFarmer SE3000 but anytime I find a grow with it the grower had it SENT TO THEM FOR FREE!!!

Anyone grow with this light and produce dank sticky buds? I don’t care about yield just quality and potency.

Any other contenders I should check out for a 3x3 tent?

Spike8910

Spike8910

There's a few on here that got them free but there really decent guys and they will be honest with you about the light

growsince79

growsince79

Hey all! Looking for a LED for full cycle in a 3x3 and was looking into the SpiderFarmer SE3000 but anytime I find a grow with it the grower had it SENT TO THEM FOR FREE!!!

Anyone grow with this light and produce dank sticky buds? I don’t care about yield just quality and potency.

Any other contenders I should check out for a 3x3 tent?
Quality and potency has very little to do with your choice of lights. Any of the new leds or HID work good.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Quality and potency has very little to do with your choice of lights. Any of the new leds or HID work good.
Really? I figured the intensity and spectrum had a lot to do with bringing out the potential of the plant. I just don’t like to upgrade, so want to buy once and not be held back by minor inadequacies in the future, once I reach the level of growing where it matters more. But as its probably obvious...I‘m as green as they come so probably misunderstanding a lot of aspects. What are your thoughts on this light? SE3000 for personal grow?

growsince79

growsince79

Really? I figured the intensity and spectrum had a lot to do with bringing out the potential of the plant. I just don’t like to upgrade, so want to buy once and not be held back by minor inadequacies in the future, once I reach the level of growing where it matters more. But as its probably obvious...I‘m as green as they come so probably misunderstanding a lot of aspects. What are your thoughts on this light? SE3000 for personal grow?
Intensity and spectrum mostly affect quantity. Quality and potency not so much. A $150 MH or HPS will produce just as potent weed as a $1000 LED. The SE3000 should be more than enough for most personal grows.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Sounds like a language translation problem. Flower needs more not less light.
When I asked which light would be best for a 3x3 without considering quantity the response was

Hello,

If you need grow all stage,we suggest SF2000.
If you only need veg,you could consider SE3000 or SE5000.”

growsince79

growsince79

When I asked which light would be best for a 3x3 without considering quantity the response was

Hello,

If you need grow all stage,we suggest SF2000.
If you only need veg,you could consider SE3000 or SE5000.”
Ask the question in Chinese. Or assume they meant flower only not veg. Customer service is not their strong suit.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
This is my 3x3 tent with a 300 watt {other brand} Led VERY similar to the Spider Farmer SE3000, you will have a quality grow and harvest with the SE3000 , if you have the bit extra money then go for the SE5000 instead, that's what I'm trying out next I think.
20211016 115640

Moshmen

Moshmen

This is my 3x3 tent with a 300 watt {other brand} Led VERY similar to the Spider Farmer SE3000, you will have a quality grow and harvest with the SE3000 , if you have the bit extra money then go for the SE5000 instead, that's what I'm trying out next I think.
View attachment 1179712
Holy fuck Batman what in the solo? I’m impressed! That’s some nice work you got better pics and more info ?

Dothraki

Dothraki

Now I’m being told by SF that the SF2000 is better for all stage grow “including flower” and SE3000 and SE5000 are more suited for veg. Sheesh, maybe I should rethink this brand.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Now I’m being told by SF that the SF2000 is better for all stage grow “including flower” and SE3000 and SE5000 are more suited for veg. Sheesh, maybe I should rethink this brand.
I'll like to think I have a decent grasp on LED but before I answer and break this down for ya. Go back and read @growsince79 first few posts because that's solid info he gave you in intensity and spectrum.

So plain and simple you will want the SF3000. It will provide just a bit more light than you will be able to give the plants in full flower. At 300w in a 3x3 you have 9sqft. At 30w/sqft (9sqft x 30w =270w) with that efficiency you will have more than needed or atleast maxing them out at 270w. The SF3000 is 300w and will allow you to run slightly lower than max in full flower increasing efficiency a touch and running the light a bit cooler.

Hands down the right choice is the 3000. The 2000 may get ya by and the 5000 or 7000 are way over kill even if running co2

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

View attachment 1179712
Agreed if you ever plan to upgrade you tent to say a 4x4 or more I'd buy a higher wattage light since they can be dimmed and that way you don't have to buy another light if you upgrade in the future.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I'll like to think I have a decent grasp on LED but before I answer and break this down for ya. Go back and read @growsince79 first few posts because that's solid info he gave you in intensity and spectrum.

So plain and simple you will want the SF3000. It will provide just a bit more light than you will be able to give the plants in full flower. At 300w in a 3x3 you have 9sqft. At 30w/sqft (9sqft x 30w =270w) with that efficiency you will have more than needed or atleast maxing them out at 270w. The SF3000 is 300w and will allow you to run slightly lower than max in full flower increasing efficiency a touch and running the light a bit cooler.

Hands down the right choice is the 3000. The 2000 may get ya by and the 5000 or 7000 are way over kill even if running co2
I think I’ll pull the trigger. Thanks for the help, to you and everyone else helping out! I’m loading my carts right now so just one side question which I can’t seem to find...do I need an Intake fan along with my exhaust? I’m going with the AC Infinity 6” with the control67 (temp/humidity controller) but not sure if I need an intake fan too?

Top Bottom