seabird guano as a top dressing?

• Thread starter AzGrOw-N-sMoKe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

Can i use seabird guano as a top dressing for my soil plants....its 0-12-1 it doesn't really have any directions....anybody familer with this stuff....i was thinking of adding a teaspoon to the tops of each 3 gal pot????....thanks az

Dr CandyMan

Dr CandyMan

Breeder
Supporter
i use it all the time outdoor as top dressing. it works wonders after a good rain.

A

Arti.chokes

, Hi Azgrow', this is a recipe for guano tea's with the same NPK as yours, it has some good all round info on all guano's and sells them if you need more, hope it helps you Arti

7rayos

Me too, it's a good source of PK for the last stages of flowering and works also as taste improver. In smaller outdoor pots i use it like a diluted tea, just adding a cup of hot distilled water per teaspoon and that onto 2 litres (1/2 gallon) of tap water and straight to the plant it goes, doing that once weekly, two or three times. Too much of it might burn the plant, but with those measures you're safe.

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

thanks for the link arti...ima try it with a teaspoon sprinkled around the top of the soil...it says to use 15ml per gal of soil...but that seems like alot...that would be 45ml per container as there all 3gal type's....i figure i'll do 1 this week an if it's ok mabbe one more next week....thanks for the info dr. an 7...peace az

M

Mountain

Once I went organic always used some high P seabird guano as a top dressing. It's an absolute primo flavor enhancer but it will drive pH down. Haven't grown in a bit but used about 1 tbs per 5 gal up top if remembering correctly but my mix was not very hot and no teas. I usually balanced with steamed bonemeal to keep pH in check. I mainly used top dressings for flower but next time around gonna focus on spikes but still the seabird will be a major component.

Latest posts

Top Bottom