Seal fiber pots with plastic bags to control indoor humidity ?

• Thread starter pitchdope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I am not here to be the clever guy ,dude.If i wanted to lie i wouldnt be asking for opinions .
it was one single plant in 40x40 with a 100w cob led running more than 40.000 lumens ,30cm over the stems with 1500ppm co2 in coco perlite /mycos and with canna nutes and boosters .
It was like frying popcorn the 30 cm distance , but with the diesel amnesiahase taste .
40cm x 40cm your light is probably good to get some benefits of CO2. 40,000 lumens is not bad but could get a lot more out of your CO2 with more.

Winter323

Winter323

40cm x 40cm your light is probably good to get some benefits of CO2. 40,000 lumens is not bad but could get a lot more out of your CO2 with more.

40k lumens is alot for a 1.7 sqr ft tent lol...thats like 1/3 of 1000 watt hps bulb, which is usually spread out over 20-30 sqr ft, but you would know better for LEDs.

P

pitchdope

40k lumens is alot for a 1.7 sqr ft tent lol...thats like 1/3 of 1000 watt hps bulb, which is usually spread out over 20-30 sqr ft, but you would know better for LEDs.

This grow was really funny because it was finally like an super duper extra huge huge bud sized 40x40x160 (there were some other pots inside this little tent too lol)

I am now in a bigger tent ,50x90x170 trying to be the most efficient i can within the same cost and see the results
,of course it is not as bright as my little tent , but keeping cost low is now my primary goal .
So i stratigically defoliate , triacontanol foliar spray made miracles with many many tops in veg till now ,
so i believe i am close to my goal ,using tria instead of adding lights (+temps) and this is happiness !!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's only a measurement of light at the point of measurement not really for tent size . I agree it's a good amount of light but with co2 you can get alot more growth with higher.

If you put the same light in a 4x4 you would still get 40,000 lumen in the middle but no where near that at the edges. That light is good for the small tent.i don't think it's enough for any real CO2 benefit in the bigger one

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This grow was really funny because it was finally like an super duper extra huge huge bud sized 40x40x160 (there were some other pots inside this little tent too lol)

I am now in a bigger tent ,50x90x170 trying to be the most efficient i can within the same cost and see the results
,of course it is not as bright as my little tent , but keeping cost low is now my primary goal .
So i stratigically defoliate , triacontanol foliar spray made miracles with many many tops in veg till now ,
so i believe i am close to my goal ,using tria instead of adding lights (+temps) and this is happiness !!
What LED are you using? Could leave the driver outside the tent. That will help you a little more on the heat issue. Also adding another 100w cob and running them half wattage will make them more efficient, better light spread and less heat. Not saying it has to be 50% but with a potentiometer it would allow you to adjust for the most light without heat issues.

P

pitchdope

What LED are you using? Could leave the driver outside the tent. That will help you a little more on the heat issue. Also adding another 100w cob and running them half wattage will make them more efficient, better light spread and less heat. Not saying it has to be 50% but with a potentiometer it would allow you to adjust for the most light without heat issues.
That are nice ideas ,but driver is above the cooler ,it is one piece ,spreading wattage is a nice "cooler" idea also .I opened the tent totally added a blower more and now i feel more confident ,moisture will be reemoved twice a day from the airconditionair and i think i have more control .
Thank you dude for all your usefull advices ,i wasnt expect heat control advices from a guy living in a cold place like Canada !

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That are nice ideas ,but driver is above the cooler ,it is one piece ,spreading wattage is a nice "cooler" idea also .I opened the tent totally added a blower more and now i feel more confident ,moisture will be reemoved twice a day from the airconditionair and i think i have more control .
Thank you dude for all your usefull advices ,i wasnt expect heat control advices from a guy living in a cold place like Canada !
Lol it is ironic isn't it. But we reach up to 40 celsius in summer and -50 celsius in winter. These are extremes including humidex and wind chill.

But I have the same challenges since my grow space is sealed. I mounted my driver outside.

Latest posts

Top Bottom