Sealed room HVAC intake, exhaust location

• Thread starter mantaray
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mantaray

Hi guys,
Where do you locate your HVAC hot air intake & cool air exhaust in your commercial sized sealed rooms? Is your hot air intake on one side of the room and you are dispensing cool air evenly with either diffusers or distribution ducting? Or do you have hot air intakes also evenly placed in the room ceiling? I get mixed opinions from my grower friends on this and just want to hear it from the THCfarmer fam as i am building my first commercial facility right now.

Thanks in advance

✌️✌️✌️

Anthem

Anthem

In a typical commercial HVAC system there would be a heat pump or air handler on the roof of the building. There would be a supply and return plenum linked to the roof top unit. From the plenum you would typically run a main duct or two down the middle of the the and shoot out registers off the main duct line. Return would typically be placed at a distance from the supplies. I would put them against the extort walls as far away from the supply diffusers as I could get. With good circulation via fans it makes less of a concern but basically in an ideal situation you want the supply and return at opposite ends of the room. But the heat generated by the lights needs to be taken into consideration

M

mantaray

There would be a supply and return plenum linked to the roof top unit
Doesn't the roof top unit just cool down the refrigerant? If its a packaged unit then yes, there is a plenum on the roof. Or am i getting this wrong?
I will probably go with a air handling unit + heat pump or a water cooled unit. Depends on the real estate i am getting.

I made this little sketch:

Diffuser skizze

The blue squares are the cool air return diffusers and the red ones are the hot air intake diffusers. Is this what you are talking about or would just one side of hot air intake.
be better? More cool air return spots? Idk I am open for suggestions and thanks for the answer!

Anthem

Anthem

Doesn't the roof top unit just cool down the refrigerant? If its a packaged unit then yes, there is a plenum on the roof. Or am i getting this wrong?
I will probably go with a air handling unit + heat pump or a water cooled unit. Depends on the real estate i am getting.

I made this little sketch:

View attachment 1299148

The blue squares are the cool air return diffusers and the red ones are the hot air intake diffusers. Is this what you are talking about or would just one side of hot air intake.
be better? More cool air return spots? Idk I am open for suggestions and thanks for the answer!
I think we are talking about different types of systems. In the us and commercial building mini splits are not really used. Does a small shop have one here are there yes.
If you are talking about a commercial air conditioning system, what I stated is correct.
Really once you start getting into large areas with 20 plus lights you need to get a mechanical engineer to design stuff. They have a much better understanding of systems.

the rrock

the rrock

In a perf3ect situation you woukld locate RA intake down low to draw the coolness down from supply grilles located in ceiling.Also do you want fully sealed room or a percentage of outside air sucked in thru RA ducting. Agree with the above about an engineer getting involved if you have the$$$

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

Take a look at data center cooling. Hot cold hot cold hot cold. But "sealed" like hermetically or closed loop?

J

JeanMichel

you don't have any exhaust
that's the purpose
the climate is controlled by your AC and your desumidifiers
you only need to dig holes in the walls to pass the refrigerant coppers(with their isolant)

H

hydrodreams

And how do you avoid odor from getting out without subpressure without an exhaust?

Latest posts

Top Bottom