Sealed Room Or Not?

• Thread starter TheOutlier
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheOutlier

TheOutlier

okay guys i have torn my drop ceiling out the basement and the old drywall out after a flood. it is being re-purposed as an expanding grow room. meaning i am starting with 4x8 canopy but one day would like it to be 8x8 and the other side for veg. anyway i keep going in circles on some things. for one is it a mistake to use a room around 8x8 to run a 4x8 canopy if you are gonna cool it as a sealed room. i plan on adding two more 600 watts into the room but tbh idk when because i need to get some electrical upgrades first. atm i use 2x600 hps with air cooled hoods.
so given this room size 8x8 and 2x600watt aircooled hoods with a canopy a little shy of 4x8 how would you design the cooling system. i am not buying new hoods tho. i am not sureif i should use a sealed room or not because of the variable temps in the room around my sealed room. the basement itself is 80+ in summer without central a/c in the house so the room sealed or not need a/c in summer for 3-4 months. the other months tho i feel the basement air in an open vent design wit air cooled hood be perfect and i wont need to run the a/c. should i commit to sealed and a/c year around or go open vent air cool the hoods vent out ceiling and just let the a/c work all day in the summer because it isn't sealed or try and seal the vent sfor those 3-4 months. please help my basement is naked and rdy to be re-built. i am stuck in indecision and on a budget can't afford mistakes and re-tearing down. i plan on re-using a 6k btu haier window unit sealed into my wall and 2x600w hps with air cooled hoods if need be, and as i said the issue is the wide temp range in the surrounding room makes one solution not perfect and idk if i seal the room if i will need a/c even in winter.

TheOutlier

TheOutlier

is it because i'm new or did i ask something stupid? i have never seen the internet short on opinions before

TheOutlier

TheOutlier

Seal it up, then blow it up. A/C and CO2 will be your best friend.
thanks bro, i here ppl using c02 less these days. any reason for that? ik it works but it seems many respected ppl don't use it or at least mention it. i will def be using it using it tho in a sealed room. i have never run a sealed room before was my worry regardign a/c cost. i assume the a/c, if the room is sealed right and insulated right, will basically run the same amount of time regardless of winter and summer is that a correct assumption? reminder i am using 2x600w aircooled lights in an 8x8 room with a approx 4x8 canopy. i plan on running the lights like 12" if possibly from canopy since they are losing par being air cooled. i have a low ceiling, approx 6'5" so 1000DE's are not an option.i will be adding 2 more 600's to fill the room out after a cpl trial runs in the room under the 2 lights. does this sound like a good plan or anything you would change

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Sounds like your gona be dialed in! I like it!! As far as co2 everyone has opinions on the subject. Personally I believe it is beneficial to my grow.

TheOutlier

TheOutlier

thanks again man. i am just nervous. it's allot of work and most of my finacnial resources going into this atm, i need to design it right one time because this shit is here for the long haul lol. i have wasted so much money prior to this on tents, flood tables you name it i tried it. this last run in i had with mites made me tear it all down and build anew. the right way this time. fed up with battling summer temps and bugs from shit sitting open in my basement. at this point i am committing to one system and only the strains shall change ;)

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I grow in rooms not tents and I’ve built a few. Looking forward to seeing your progress. This was one of my favorite room. Unfortunately she’s been dismantled.
38FE9281 AEF9 4E97 816C 47353B51F39E

Last edited:
TheOutlier

TheOutlier

I grow in rooms not tents and I’ve built a few. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
i will definitely be posting in the future, and thanks again. actually i may add the pictures of my gutted basement and document the progress in this thread.
also, i saw in one of your posts you do hvac for a living. maybe i'll hit you up when i get to the ducts and fan needs.
stay stoned

TheOutlier

TheOutlier

oh damn that picture was not there when i wrote that. super nice room bro!!!! imma use that as my motivation. looks like some afghanis in the front there mixed with a little something that is making the leaves a little thinner but staying dark

Latest posts

Top Bottom