Searched Infirmary, Can't Id This

• Thread starter Rcubed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rcubed

Rcubed

I'm not new to this, but I've never seen this. Growing outdoors in soil with Canadian peat moss, earthworm compost, red lava rock, neem cake, kelp meal, composted chicken manure, rock dust, and ground oyster shell. This a 5 week old plant that appears healthy but has these white splotches on the tips. At first I thought they were water splotches but the other plants around it are unaffected. I cant see bugs but I won't rule them out. Somebody here take a shot at it?
Searched infirmary cant id this

Searched infirmary cant id this 2

Searched infirmary cant id this 3

Rcubed

Rcubed

I'm not new to this, but I've never seen this. Growing outdoors in soil with Canadian peat moss, earthworm compost, red lava rock, neem cake, kelp meal, composted chicken manure, rock dust, and ground oyster shell. This a 5 week old plant that appears healthy but has these white splotches on the tips. At first I thought they were water splotches but the other plants around it are unaffected. I cant see bugs but I won't rule them out. Somebody here take a shot at it?
View attachment 793952
View attachment 793953
View attachment 793954[/QU
Rinse it off with a shot of water
Will do.

Rcubed

Rcubed

It looks like hard water.. But its coming out of the hydrathodes.. Its a secretion and its not seen in all plants but they all have the holes/pores.
Cool. Learn something new everyday

Rcubed

Rcubed

Theres one of my clones doin it.
You hit the nail on the head. Thanks.
Guttation fluid may contain a variety of organic and inorganic compounds, mainly sugars, and potassium.[1] On drying, a white crust remains on the leaf surface.

Here she is. Good as new. Interesting I haven't really seen this before. It's probably due to the fact that I've stuck with the same ol strains up until this point in time.
IMG 20180419 174742

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
No problemo... Its not a big deal but i dont let the deposits sit on the leaf. Probably wont do much but i like to rinse the stoma and hydrathodes.

Rcubed

Rcubed

You hit the nail on the head. Thanks.
Guttation fluid may contain a variety of organic and inorganic compounds, mainly sugars, and potassium.[1] On drying, a white crust remains on the leaf surface.

Here she is. Good as new. Interesting I haven't really seen this before. It's probably due to the fact that I've stuck with the same ol strains up until this point in time.
View attachment 793982
Looks like some scientists are blaming this phenomena on mass deaths of honeybees too. I guess plants cleanse themselves of toxins through this process.
"Girolami et al. (2005) found that guttation drops from corn plants germinated from neonicotinoid-coated seeds could contain amounts of insecticide consistently higher than 10 mg/l, and up to 200 mg/l for the neonicotinoid imidacloprid. Concentrations this high are near those of active ingredients applied in field sprays for pest control and sometimes even higher. It was found that when bees consume guttation drops collected from plants grown from neonicotinoid-coated seeds, they die within a few minutes.[2] This phenomenon may be a factor in bee deaths and, consequently, colony collapse disorder (CCD)."

Rcubed

Rcubed

No problemo... Its not a big deal but i dont let the deposits sit on the leaf. Probably wont do much but i like to rinse the stoma and hydrathodes.
Yeah that makes sense. I rinsed them off.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Looks like some scientists are blaming this phenomena on mass deaths of honeybees too. I guess plants cleanse themselves of toxins through this process.
"Girolami et al. (2005) found that guttation drops from corn plants germinated from neonicotinoid-coated seeds could contain amounts of insecticide consistently higher than 10 mg/l, and up to 200 mg/l for the neonicotinoid imidacloprid. Concentrations this high are near those of active ingredients applied in field sprays for pest control and sometimes even higher. It was found that when bees consume guttation drops collected from plants grown from neonicotinoid-coated seeds, they die within a few minutes.[2] This phenomenon may be a factor in bee deaths and, consequently, colony collapse disorder (CCD)."
And monsanto and round up shit keeps on rolling.... Humans and animals will begin to die 48 months after the bees do. Yay!!!

Rcubed

Rcubed

And monsanto and round up shit keeps on rolling.... Humans and animals will begin to die 48 months after the bees do. Yay!!!
I bet a bunch of those Monsanto pricks eat organic while they peddle their shit that gets served up to the masses.

Top Bottom