Seattle area growing question

• Thread starter steelyeyes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

steelyeyes

I have a few White Widow and one Blue Widow outdoors. They're a couple to a few weeks into budding now and the weather has turned on the wet side.

The last thing I want is mold and I was leaning toward chopping them at the end of Sept. since they should be pretty filled out by then.

Any advice about the wet weather/avoidng mold on the buds?

B

billybadazz

I too am from Wa and my advice would be to plant any strains you don't know or have never run in smart pots or grow bags that way if they don't finish in time you can bring them in to finish them under hid's. this obviously only works for a few or smaller plants but is better than premature buds or that great "hay" taste. another option is grow in a green house I have grown strains until thanksgiving in a greenhouse in WA. I have never had luck with digging the plant out of the ground to transplant and finish inside; it has always shocked out and been a dissappointment with that method for me. maybe if worse comes to worse you can make a small greenhouse to finish them with some pvc and plastic (less than $30). hopefully one of those options work for you.-BB

G

Green Supreme

As most outdoor folks know in your area, not everything will finish. Best to use the locally acclimatized cuts if you want something you can smoke. The alternative would be some type of photo control like tarping. Good luck and pray for sun. Peace GS

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
At this point i would ghetto plastic them. Get some fans and Serenade and hope for the best...

O

Oregonic

Word, cheap pvc greenhouse and start preparing for next years to be the same

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Works great to cover/darken from the middle of june till they finish, but a big hassle.. I am adding dehumidifier to the greenhouse in the next few weeks. A little trick that works with some strains in to leave them in pots and let them get rootbound. Alot of strains will flower due to the stress...

S

steelyeyes

The white widow started a bit earlier than the blue and has some pretty dense, tall, clusters of buds now. I'm pretty hopeful it will get to a point I can use it. I just looked at them a few minutes ago and the blue widow still just has some light fluffy stuff and no mass. It won't finish. I'm not out a bunch of money on either type. They had a rough childhood in a hydro setup indoors (turned out to be mites and I couldn't see them) so we let them fend for themselves outdoors. Impressive turnaround they made.

I have clones of the blue inside and it buds fast on the light change but doesn't produce much weight for the time and money so I'll be skipping that strain from now on. I have some purple stuff that would be good outdoors next year so that might be my bumper crop for 2011.

S

steelyeyes

I suppose some clear pvc sheeting and some pipe will be my friend for a couple of weeks too....:)

Top Bottom