Second Grow - Drooping, Yellowing

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Hey guys, new grower here. Im on my second grow, and after weeks and weeks of overwatering, i finally have some seedlings going. Having some wilting issues again, i do have a past, like i said of overwatering. I literally have watered this plant maybe twice because i am trying to be so careful watering it. Now i have some wilting going on. To me, since the leaves dont curl in, it looks like an UNDERwater issue? But its only the bottom leaves, and the very bottom leaves are twisting and shit.
INFO:
4x4 Tent
Temp CONSTANT 75 With light on.
65 With light off.
Humidity 42-47% Constant.
Meizhi 900W LED.
FFOF/Added Perlite.

Second grow   drooping yellowing
Second grow   drooping yellowing 2
Second grow   drooping yellowing 3
Second grow   drooping yellowing 4
Second grow   drooping yellowing 5
Second grow   drooping yellowing 6
Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey guys, new grower here. Im on my second grow, and after weeks and weeks of overwatering, i finally have some seedlings going. Having some wilting issues again, i do have a past, like i said of overwatering. I literally have watered this plant maybe twice because i am trying to be so careful watering it. Now i have some wilting going on. To me, since the leaves dont curl in, it looks like an UNDERwater issue? But its only the bottom leaves, and the very bottom leaves are twisting and shit.
INFO:
4x4 Tent
Temp CONSTANT 75 With light on.
65 With light off.
Humidity 42-47% Constant.
Meizhi 900W LED.
FFOF/Added Perlite.
what are those little white specks on leaves,have you checked for bugs,the plant has to much N in my opinion others disagree i guess

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
what are those little white specks on leaves,have you checked for bugs,the plant has to much N in my opinion others disagree i guess
I agree with OldSkl... too much goodies at the buffet (overfed). FF soils are pretty hoot and I have seen a lot of strains that had difficulty with it, at least initially. Adding nutrients isn't recommended until you can get an idea of the PPM/EC of your root zone looks like.

Hammerloaf

Hammerloaf

Recently transplanted? Looks like a little transplant shock (soil a little on the hot side) coupled with you prior overwatering. I'd just pick the shitty growth off and see if the problem persists, which I doubt it will. The new growth looks good so I'd say they will be fine as long as you don't over water them again. You could give them a little coconut water at 1 tbsp/gallon with their next watering, that should perk them up a bit.

To save yourself from over watering, fill up a pot with dry soil right out of the bag, get a feel for how heavy it is. Then take your soil and, in a tote or something, add water to it until you can pick up a handful and squeeze. When only a drop or two comes out, put that back in the pot and get a feel for how heavy it is. That's where you should aim to keep your moisture level. Damp, not soggy or wet.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Appreciate all the feedback. Being a second time grower, and first time using nutrients, i would have never of guess. Ill lay low on the nutes. Unfortunately, i just fed it some before i read your guy's feedback, so hopefully it wont hurt it to much. As for the white specks, for the previous comment above, i believe they are from minerals in my humidifier. i believe i have hard water, it leaves a residue on my tent also. I think its that but will double check for bugs. I try to keep my grow as clean as possible.

Once again, appreciate all the feedback,this is how i learn.

BTW: If anyone else has any other opinions/tips, Im using Fox farms nutes line also, 6-4-4 Grow big veg nute, i use a quarter of what the directions say.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Appreciate all the feedback. Being a second time grower, and first time using nutrients, i would have never of guess. Ill lay low on the nutes. Unfortunately, i just fed it some before i read your guy's feedback, so hopefully it wont hurt it to much. As for the white specks, for the previous comment above, i believe they are from minerals in my humidifier. i believe i have hard water, it leaves a residue on my tent also. I think its that but will double check for bugs. I try to keep my grow as clean as possible.

BTW: If anyone else has any other opinions/tips, Im using Fox farms nutes line also, 6-4-4 Grow big veg nute, i use a quarter of what the directions say.
Use distilled or RO water in your humidifier. It will extend the life and keep mineral deposits from getting all over your room

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Unfortunately i just dont have the funds to buy a RO water filter, or a distiller or whatever, every now and then i will go to walmart and buy distilled water, but thats expensive, any other ideas? I looked online for distilled water delivery and thats priced out the ying yang too.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I prefer ratios of 2-1-3 or similar. Those look kinda high in P to me

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Do you have a suggested nute for seedling stage i am at, that might be a little lighter?? ive been looking online, but im still new to the nutes im having trouble finding the correct nutes/ratio.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Do you have a suggested nute for seedling stage i am at, that might be a little lighter?? ive been looking online, but im still new to the nutes im having trouble finding the correct nutes/ratio.
your out of seedling stage wit them,early veg feed acordantly to that cant remember the hannah scale think it at 300 ppm at that stage,just woke up so it early

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

^ good ratio

your out of seedling stage wit them,early veg feed acordantly to that cant remember the hannah scale think it at 300 ppm at that stage,just woke up so it early
^ good strength

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Once again, i couldnt be more appreciative for the feedback. Already learning so much. I have a PPM meter, ill definitely make use. Ill check online for the 213 ratio, or if i can find something close.

Another question maybe some of you can answer? Ive been over the past couple weeks just one by one getting the ingredients for compost tea. Am i able to use compost teas with FFOF? or is that really only for like coco grows ? i really dont know much about the coco area. just ordered some cannacoco to try out.
Compost teas just seem pretty reliable id love to try them out.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Looking it up right now! Thank you!!!

edit: did i find the correct one?
Yes but it's a 3 part, you need the calcium nitrate (15.5-0-0) and Epsom salts also

If you do go that way stop by the beach house in grow diaries for more info a few of us switched over about the same time and there's some thoughts and how we mix it and what have you

There's others too, another that comes to mind is by Greenleaf nutrients called megacrop (its a true one part, nothing else to add just go by PPM)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Unfortunately i just dont have the funds to buy a RO water filter, or a distiller or whatever, every now and then i will go to walmart and buy distilled water, but thats expensive, any other ideas? I looked online for distilled water delivery thats priced out the ying yang too.
There's instructions that came with mine about how often to clean and descale it to keep it running in best condition

I don't do any of that but there are directions about it

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Yes but it's a 3 part, you need the calcium nitrate (15.5-0-0) and Epsom salts also

If you do go that way stop by the beach house in grow diaries for more info a few of us switched over about the same time and there's some thoughts and how we mix it and what have you

There's others too, another that comes to mind is by Greenleaf nutrients called megacrop (its a true one part, nothing else to add just go by PPM)

Will definitely be checking out megacrop. being a beginner, mixing stuff gets me all worked up. If i can keep it simple for right now, itll be better for me so i will deff check that out. Appreciate it!!

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
There's instructions that came with mine about how often to clean and descale it to keep it running in best condition

I don't do any of that but there are directions about it
Thank you for the information.

Just found megacrop, on a promotion on their website. So if you usse the stuff too, definitely check it out. Im going to be purchasing it probably right now.

Beachwalker, if you have the extra second, maybe with your knowledge you can help me out start my first autoflower here:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/the-basic-northern-lights-autoflower.107530/#post-2306949 ??

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Sorry but I've only grown a handful of autos & really don't know much about them

good luck with the megacrop they send you a small sample for just shipping cost, ya gotta love that! Great company good dude runs it

Latest posts

Top Bottom