Second grow veg time question

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

So my second grow is well underway, how long should you really veg the plant for ? I got bugger all of my last plant which was a auto. This one is a photo. Also do these little whispers tell if it will be female ?
Probably very hard to see in my picture
Second grow veg time question
Second grow veg time question 2
Second grow veg time question 3
Second grow veg time question 4

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
its a girl!

you can veg for long or short times. you want to consider your room, the plant will double in height when you first flip. from what i read in threads here, around 5 weeks is a good starting place, but longer or shorter is ok too. but for a first run on photos, i would go with 5 or 6, and i would do lst on the first, or no training at all. but that is me, i would want to see them through once naturally, then i would use the next time to "fiddle" with them.

im not sure you can blame the "auto" part for "bugger all" results. it is usually something you did, and i would make sure you keep good notes, that way you will know what you did and can adjust things as needed.

Last edited:
DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

OK so, ideal veg time is different for each grower in each space. IME, in soil, in 7 gallon fiber pots the veg time was 8 weeks at which point the whole bottom half of the fiber pot was covered in root tips. So, thats the ideal veg time in soil in 7 gallon fibers. In my 5 gallon hydro i just did an 8 week veg before the flip and the roots were so massive they kept making what resembled straw welcome mats. What did i learn from all that? i ended up stripping the bottom half of the each plant to force the plants to concentrate all their energy on growing he best tops. No larf. So on my following grow i decided to veg for 3 weeks before flippng and the pic is the same 5 gallon modular ebb/flow hydro bucket right before going to flower. This time, i barely stripped any branches. Instead of having plants that are 3 feet tall with nothing on the bottom 1.5 feet, i now had the same 1.5 feet of beautiful, top shelf colas with super sugary shoulders but i didnt waste 5 weeks of grow time on growing an extra 1.5 feet of bare stalk. And the dry weights from both were very close to each other. The only difference is that i didnt have any larf to make to that sweet sweet live rosin with. Looks like I'll have to make the live rosin with top quality nugs this time imstead. Oh darn 😂😂 . Now having said all that, you do need to decide what is best for you in your space and for what you want to achieve. Im am ACMPR LP so i can have a large number of plants and for me personally, i like doing a lot of smaller plants (48 at the moment in 5 gallon modular ebb/flow buckets) so for me a fast veg and a bunch of big nuggets works. But if you are only growing a few plants, you are probably wanting a longer veg time so you can get as much as possible out of them. I hope this helps. Happy growing.

20210219 142727
Madmax

Madmax

Tent space detimines how long you veg...how big is your tent.and how many do you want to grow in it..

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Tent space detimines how long you veg...how big is your tent.and how many do you want to grow in it..
Except for those of us that grow so many plants that the idea of a tent is utterly ridiculous. The person asking the question wants to know the what the ideal veg time is and i was trying to present them options to give them a better understanding so that they can decide for themselfes how long they should veg for.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom