Second Grow: White Widow & Northern Lights, Auto, Cfl

• Thread starter Pumu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junk

Junk

Hello everyone I completed first week today
Last few day outside temp was around 29-30 C so it was difficult to control growbox temp.
Thanks God that starting today it's going to decrease almost 10 C
But in anyway I prepared a DIY CO2 generator and put in my box. I hope my girls love it and I hope it's not early to give them CO2.

Here is pic of new adjustment:
View attachment 538865

And my girls
WW
View attachment 538866

NL
View attachment 538867

Keep in peace you all ✌

Have you measured your co2 levels? I've seen the mats & homemade devices, but never seen anyone ever post their measurements. I'm certainly not being critical of your method, I'm just curious what the values are before & after...

It looks like a cricket may have snacked a little on the NL? I don't have any pest problems...except for crickets. Those sob's make it into my space every single time. & they are a B* to find.

Pumu

Pumu

Have you measured your co2 levels? I've seen the mats & homemade devices, but never seen anyone ever post their measurements. I'm certainly not being critical of your method, I'm just curious what the values are before & after...
@Junk, hi man, I even don't know how to measure it )) i did it because i remember that I've read it somewhere to overcome heat issue.

It looks like a cricket may have snacked a little on the NL?
This NL is from an unknown source. I think it's not a good breed ...

Junk

Junk

@Junk, hi man, I even don't know how to measure it )) i did it because i remember that I've read it somewhere to overcome heat issue.

Co2 in proper amounts will make the space hotter. However, if you already have a hot space, co2 can help the plants deal with the heat better. It's been shown to increase THC, CBD etc. It's also been shown to lower terpene counts, however I think that is not directly tied to the co2. Co2 makes it hotter in the space, too much heat will cook out the terpenes. I think that is what happens with the terpenes.

This is how I test mine. I didn't look for the best price, just wanted to show you what to get.

For the plants to use the extra co2 they need a lot of light. A lot.

Tarsey

Tarsey

Hello everyone,

I started my new grow and 3 days a go my girls popped out from soil
smile.png

I hope that you guys follow my journal. I would be glad with your comments

Box: 40x50x98cm

Seeds: 1 x White Widow (Royal Queen Seeds), 1 x Northern Lights (Unknown Seedbank)

Lights: 2 x 35w 6400K cfl + 2 x 18w T8 + 1 23w 6400K cfl

Lightcycle: 24/7 atm

Soil: Royal mix Universal local soil with coco fibers, micronutrients, fertilizers and river sand + %30 perlite

Pots: Air Pot 8L
View attachment 537852

DAY 1:
WW
View attachment 537853

NL
View attachment 537854

DAY 3:
WW
View attachment 537855

NL
View attachment 537856

Tarsey

Tarsey

HI; I still have not sorted out how I can post my own thread, but.
White Widow. wow I found a seed site I got seeds from these people and they are doing great. Sorry not White Widow. But after getting one seed from them and seeing how fast it hatched and now i have a little seedling. When back to the site and order 20 seeds and you get 10 free. Shipping to Canada was a flat $10 It worked out that I am getting 30 seeds for $47.00 including shipping. It's called The Dutch Seed Store. I could send you a like but it comes up easy.
Let me know.
Tarsey

Tarsey

Tarsey

My spelling suck, I should read before I send but oh well . I meant to say I could send you the link to The Dutch Seed Store. My last order form them. I ordered 20 seeds and got 32 seed for $45.00 US. I like it. Cheapest I have seen on line. I have been paying from $5.00 _ $15.00 Canadian. Shit. \
Check them out.
Tarsey

Pumu

Pumu

Hello guys, in 2 days my nutrients will be delivered.
Biobizz - grow, bloom, topmax, alg-a-mic and root juice.

Considering that my soil already contains fertilizers and micro nutrients (N-100:200mg/l, P-100:200mg/l, K-120:240mg/l) when should i start feeding them, what do you guys advise me?

Thanks in advance.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Very happy to help dude :)
Yeah, that's probably one of the most common problems people run into when they first try growing autoflowers and for obvious reason's, this then puts them off growing them again in the future. One thing to realise is autoflowers and regular cannabis are two completely different plants to grow, although they are technically the same species, they have to be treated completely differently from one another to achieve the same results. Any type o where you can successfully transplant your girls but that window is very, very short. Get it wrong and you'll mess up your whole grow and you'll have to start again. Easiest way to avoid this is to just not do it in the first place:)

Actually no, LED's are far more powerful than CFL's and will be much more productive than CFL's can be too. Autoflowers will flower at a certain age (roughly anywhere between the 2nd-5th weeks) regardless of the lighting they're under. I have some growing outdoors atm which are getting zero direct lighting and they're flowering perfectly well. I don't know the exact numbers but LED's put out a huge amount of lumens, certainly not less than CFL's or any other type of lighting.
I use my one single 125W (90W actual) LED to both veg and 4 the plants in the tent. In fact, here's one of my Girl Scout Cookies which is beginning to flower under said LED, this isn't an auto but you can see what LED's can do for a plant. This btw has been fed purely on plain water, no nutrients at all apart from what's in the soil.

View attachment 538359 View attachment 538360 View attachment 538361 View attachment 538362

And as you can see, the LED does a pretty damn good job lol.
I can understand why people would think that about LED's but when set up correctly, the gentle balance of red, blue, white and UV bulbs will out perform almost any other type of lighting you could use, certainly any that I've tried so far. They're a lot more well suited to growing plants than many people give them credit for. I mean there's a reason NASA uses LED's to grow plants on the space station lol.

Keeping the small CFL's in the tent sat with the lower level branches and installing an LED as the main light will sort that problem out. Another great thing about LED's is they have huge range and will penetrate through the canopy even when sat at what seems like a far distance away from the plants.
The Girl Scout Cookie you can see above has had the LED sat around half a metre away from the top of the canopy and you can see there has been very little stretching so buying an LED will remove the ballache that is constantly adjusting the height of the lamps. I just sit mine 3/4's of the way up the tent and then just allow my plants to grow towards the light and then I only really need to move the lamp once late in flower to avoid any bleaching on the top colas. I honestly cannot praise LED's enough, they've been the best investment I've made so far, they improved my grows no end and have made life so easy for me. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't bought one already :)
Hello guys, in 2 days my nutrients will be delivered.
Biobizz - grow, bloom, topmax, alg-a-mic and root juice.

Considering that my soil already contains fertilizers and micro nutrients (N-100:200mg/l, P-100:200mg/l, K-120:240mg/l) when should i start feeding them, what do you guys advise me?

Thanks in advance.

Is it time release soil? Those nutrients should get them through their seedling stage. What do you use to measure your nutrients? If you dont i suggest a tsp and tbl measurement spoons, and a 30$ ppm meter. It may not be able to read the salts EXACTLY since its "organic" but it will help you keep your feed strngths in check. Which is extremely important to maintain a healthy plant.

I use bio bizz and its very salty for an "organic" bottle nutrient, just a small tsp of veg formula or algae per gal. had a significant ppm increase. Cant remember off hand the exact amount. At this stage in their life a large dose of nutes could burn them up pretty easily. Just remember to take things slow and keep it simple.

I would just use plain ph'd water, maybe with a tiny amount of P added. until they get a little bigger, or start to show yellowing on the leaves. Imo the amended soil will get you through the seedling stage just fine. I got a buddy who uses plain tap water through most his plants life, well into flower and he does pretty damn good for himself. Just saying. Take things slow. Start very small with additives and feel your plants out.

If you must. Id say start with that algae and root juice @ 1 ML per litre and feed a small amount of water to each plant. If they take well, then add in your veg formula to the equation. And try to dose every OTHER feeding. This will keep your plants happy and will help keep from salts buildup lock outs and nutrient burn.

@ the autoflower guy : agreed l.e.d. are pretty dang good, and certainly better than cfls when comparing lumens, but not price tag, ive seen plenty of example grows and led vs hps type stuff and while i agree that theyre great, i just cant stand all the l.e.d. supporters acting all snooty like.... "My gram per watt is better than yours" and i REALLY cant stand it when folks try to shove it down others throats in comparison to other lights. Namely hps

Ive seen dudes slay it with leds. But with a price tag in the thousands to replace 1000w hps. And the heat off those rigs is reportedly only about 15-25% cooler than the hps

Leds are cool, as soon as people stop trying to proove how great they are and just grow weed with them i think ill stop feeling turned off by it. Like, we get it. They work great lol. Stop trying to prove it to everyone, its annoying.

That being said, i wasnt saying cfls are better, just agreeing and adding that cfls will work well for veg, but that he would need to finish under some thing with more lumens, like led or hid. However. You CAN finish with cfls if you like, ive seen a couple folks on here kill the cfl game. But you'll certainly crop bigger and thicker with something a little larger in the lumen department.

Heres a visual example
Screenshot 2015 06 14 19 48 35

Hope this helped bud

Pumu

Pumu

Is it time release soil? Those nutrients should get them through their seedling stage. What do you use to measure your nutrients? If you dont i suggest a tsp and tbl measurement spoons, and a 30$ ppm meter. It may not be able to read the salts EXACTLY since its "organic" but it will help you keep your feed strngths in check. Which is extremely important to maintain a healthy plant.
Hello @gardnguyahoy, my ppm meter is still on way, i guess i need to wait 1 more week for it. And because of haven't used nutes before i don't have any system on this yet. But i have measurement spoons (which show amount in ml or like 1/2 tbs and etc.) and medical injections.
If you must. Id say start with that algae and root juice @ 1 ML per litre and feed a small amount of water to each plant. If they take well, then add in your veg formula to the equation. And try to dose every OTHER feeding. This will keep your plants happy and will help keep from salts buildup lock outs and nutrient burn.
So i should follow wait and see method :D feed them light and observe how they react feeding. it makes sense.
thanks for the advice.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Hello @gardnguyahoy, my ppm meter is still on way, i guess i need to wait 1 more week for it. And because of haven't used nutes before i don't have any system on this yet. But i have measurement spoons (which show amount in ml or like 1/2 tbs and etc.) and medical injections.

So i should follow wait and see method :D feed them light and observe how they react feeding. it makes sense.
thanks for the advice.

Thats basically how it was explained to me when i first started. Start slow. A lot of the time, i hear "less is more" so... Try not to rush into it. 2-5 ML per gallon might me too much. Especially with that whole line. How much research have you done on bio bizz? I think 4-hydroponics on youtube did a bio bizz review. Read read read as much as you can about dosing seedlings with ferts and see what you come up with. Good luck, positive growin vibes to you buddy. Pce

Pumu

Pumu

@gardnguyahoy, each time I'm free I read forums as I see benefits of it there is too much information pollution as well. And because of I am new sometimes I can misunderstand.
But I know myself best way of learning is to experience things for me. So as you said I'll start slowly and watch how they react, after a few try I guess I can find optimum schedule for my set up and environment.
For example why did you advise me a hydro video? My grow medium is soil, doesn't it make difference?
Thanks

Junk

Junk

@gardnguyahoy, each time I'm free I read forums as I see benefits of it there is too much information pollution as well. And because of I am new sometimes I can misunderstand.
But I know myself best way of learning is to experience things for me. So as you said I'll start slowly and watch how they react, after a few try I guess I can find optimum schedule for my set up and environment.
For example why did you advise me a hydro video? My grow medium is soil, doesn't it make difference?
Thanks

You are way ahead of the game already. Most people don't realize (practice might be a better verb) mucking things up is how you learn. You seem to understand this...so use it to your advantage. If it's at all possible for you, keep a test plant. A plant you don't really care about.

It's hard for a lot of people to do, because subconsciously, they view it as losing a plant. For beginners, it's actually not. Think of it as gaining 3 good plants. (or however many you have in additional to the sacrificial one).

But you know how you know what is too much Nitrogen? I mean how YOU know, what is too much, not what someone has told you is too much? You muck it up. Same can be said for almost every aspect of growing. What makes forums like these beneficial is we have the input from people who know for themselves. I know at what rh bud rot sets because I intentionally forced a plant to the point of bud rot (it was 85% for small flow plant fyi) We don't learn from each other, at least not in a way that makes us more proficient growers, if we just accept & repeat. Some things you can accept for wrote; the ph range for example. But if you want to become a proficient grower, you are going to make mistakes. Don't be afraid of it. Welcome it, it's the road to your growth (npi).

That is not to say you should just bludgeon your plants, or put no effort into growing them as well as you can. Rather, you make your mistakes & learn from them, & what you learn will be transferred to your other plants. You have a feed recipe you want to try...is it too much? Too little? Give it to the test plant. The rest of your plants are royalty, this plant is the food taster (or whatever you call those people who test the royalties food first to make sure it's not poisoned).

Pruning questions? You will never learn how prune better than hands on. Prune the tester first, if you muck it up...you won't muck up the rest (depending on how fast you learn I guess lol)

Your goal is still to grow them all well, but in your mind, you have to count that plant as a loss, from the start. Because you are going to do your research, & try your hardest, but you are going to limit that effort to one plant. After that one plant, you have significantly more experience, 100% more actually, to apply to the rest of your plants. If your brain can keep up, & if my math is correct, you will learn twice as fast as opposed to running the batch singularly.

Pumu

Pumu

@Junk, thanks for your support. You simply summarized all of my intention
There are 4 steps I actually try to follow whatever I do.
-observation
-analyze
-conclusion
-solution
So why not for growing
whatever I do is a new experiment for me that's why all my system is DIY for beginning. Grow cabinet, carbon filter CO2 generator even light fixture and etc. I fucked up with my first grow but I learnt a lot.
I hope things go well for me and I start supporting people as well like u do for me.
Thanks again.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Start with 1/4 or 1/2 strength on the nutes and decide weather to go full strength or not by how they respond. If half strength gives them white tips and discolorations then you probably shouldnt go full strength right away.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

@gardnguyahoy
Thanks

4-hydroponics is the name of the youtube channel. They teach you about the line, thats all, not primarily hydro. Just a nutrient review and advisement. Information my dude, more and more and more information. For example. They teach you that if you get the algae by bio bizz and its brown it went bad, and that whoever sold it to you should happily replace it. See what i mean? Read and learn as much as possible

Much love and respect to the beginning stages my man! Good luck and overall. Enjoy yourself, growing some nugs. Its a positive and enjoyable experience.

Pumu

Pumu

4-hydroponics is the name of the youtube channel. They teach you about the line, thats all, not primarily hydro. Just a nutrient review and advisement. Information my dude, more and more and more information. For example. They teach you that if you get the algae by bio bizz and its brown it went bad, and that whoever sold it to you should happily replace it. See what i mean? Read and learn as much as possible

Much love and respect to the beginning stages my man! Good luck and overall. Enjoy yourself, growing some nugs. Its a positive and enjoyable experience.

Ahah my bad sorry ☺I am ashamed

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Hi Pumu,

I'm horribly sick atm so I'm sorry I've not been around in the past few days. I'm going to have to keep this short but I'll come back as soon as I'm feeling better.
I did just have a quick read through your last posts since we spoke last and I see you're using the BioBizz range which is excellent as that's the same range I use too when I use nutrients so I'll be able to help here no problem.

Here's my guide I used to follow (I just do things by eye now). This should give you a good guideline to follow. You can always add more if you think they can take it or take some away if it seems too hot.

Week 1 day 4
Bio Bizz Grow 0.5ml, Bio Bizz Heaven 0.5ml Per Litre

Week 2
Grow 1ml,Heaven 1ml, Alg A Mic 1ml per Litre,

Week 3-5
Grow 2ml,Heaven 2ml, Alg A Mic 2ml per Litre (CalMag 1 feed per week 3ml per 5 Litre)

Week 5
Grow 3ml,Heaven 3ml, Alg A Mic 3ml, Bloom 2ml per Litre (CalMag every other feed 3ml per 5 Litre)

Week 6
Grow 3ml,Heaven 3ml, Alg A Mic 3ml, Bloom 2ml, CalMag every feed 3ml per 5 Litre

Week 7
Grow 3ml, Heaven 3ml, Alg A Mic 3ml,Bloom 3ml, CalMag every feed 3ml per 5 Litre

Week 8-10 week Pre-Harvest
Grow 2ml, Heaven 4ml, Alg A Mic 3ml, Bloom 3ml, CalMag per Litre

Week 10
Heaven 4ml, Bloom 4ml, per Litre

Week 11
Plain Water

Hopefully that helps and I will be back as soon as I'm feeling better to help you further.

Take care :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom