Second opinion needed - what am i missing in my canna coco nutrient solution and process? ?

• Thread starter Jumpingspider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

A friend of mine led me to the beauty of coco and gave me his formula.

After a couple of runs with this recipe, I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing.

In veg, things hit hard and the vegetation is lush and green, so clearly it works to that extent. Then in the flowering stage, generally everything is good... but once i dry the plants, things just aren't as good as they could be. They do have a coating of trichome but it's almost like the buds end up more shriveled and oily rather than dense and crystalline. I want to rule out the nutrients I'm feeding. Maybe it's my lighting or something. I don't know, that's why I'm here asking you!

I would like to eliminate anything that I'm fucking up, and also eliminate the possibility that the formula is missing something.

Lights: 630w cmh
Temp 65-75f
Humidity 50-75%

Nutrients:
Veg:
.5g / gal silica - powdered/ soluble
1g Epsom
5ml Canna A/B
2ml Calimagic

Ph 5.9

Flower:
.5-1g Epsom
10ml Canna A/B
Early flower- canna boost
Week 4 1ml atami bloombastic, increase 1ml per week up to 4ml.

I also foliar and root feed once a week og biowar microbe worm castings tea with alfalfa meal, kelp meal, molasses, then after brew add chitosan, sea green, mycos, and seaplex.

That's about it. Care to weigh in?

Bud pics for your consideration. Do you notice a similar structure? Why do you think that is?

Strain 1: unknown auto

Second opinion needed   what am i missing in my canna coco nutrient solution and process

Strain 2: MAC F2

Second opinion needed   what am i missing in my canna coco nutrient solution and process 2

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

I'm using canna also. I have two rooms same plants, sams set up, only difference I'm running heavy 16. My heavy 16 room buds are HUGE compared to canna. I will probably drop the canna next ground for the room and continue heavy 16. Wish I could chime in but it' my second run with it and have had many issues with canna from the start. Good luck call a customer service number if u can reach any haha

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

I'm using canna also. I have two rooms same plants, sams set up, only difference I'm running heavy 16. My heavy 16 room buds are HUGE compared to canna. I will probably drop the canna next ground for the room and continue heavy 16. Wish I could chime in but it' my second run with it and have had many issues with canna from the start. Good luck call a customer service number if u can reach any haha
Are you using the same genetics in both?

Any other potential variables?

I contacted canna about my concern.

This is what they said

Screenshot 20210309 151824 Chrome
Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

A friend of mine led me to the beauty of coco and gave me his formula.

After a couple of runs with this recipe, I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing.

In veg, things hit hard and the vegetation is lush and green, so clearly it works to that extent. Then in the flowering stage, generally everything is good... but once i dry the plants, things just aren't as good as they could be. They do have a coating of trichome but it's almost like the buds end up more shriveled and oily rather than dense and crystalline. I want to rule out the nutrients I'm feeding. Maybe it's my lighting or something. I don't know, that's why I'm here asking you!

I would like to eliminate anything that I'm fucking up, and also eliminate the possibility that the formula is missing something.

Lights: 630w cmh
Temp 65-75f
Humidity 50-75%

Nutrients:
Veg:
1g Epsom
5ml Canna A/B
2ml Calimagic

Ph 5.9

Flower:
.5-1g Epsom
10ml Canna A/B
Early flower- canna boost
Week 4 1ml atami bloombastic, increase 1ml per week up to 4ml.

I also foliar and root feed once a week og biowar microbe worm castings tea with alfalfa meal, kelp meal, molasses, then after brew add chitosan, sea green, mycos, and seaplex.

That's about it. Care to weigh in?

Bud pics for your consideration. Do you notice a similar structure? Why do you think that is?

Strain 1: unknown auto

View attachment 1099026

Strain 2: MAC F2

View attachment 1099027
Damn sounds like a lot of additives . I just quit using canna . I never had any prob with it. I always ran coco a&b with calmag and canazyme , always 50% less than the feed chart . Slot of the additives are watered down nutes you really don't need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom