Second try first thread went unanswered

• Thread starter Mugwort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mugwort

Mugwort

I have a clone given to me in a 5 gal pot growing in a friend’s proven home made super-soil (SS) 50-50 with FFOF on top. The strain is Purple Cookie (PC). I vegged this plant much longer than he does his but he is new and feeds additional nutrients for the whole life cycle when the whole purpose is not to do that with SS. The plant is in a 4x4 tent being scrogged with two Chem Dawg (CD) plants growing in straight FFOF with the usual nute supplementation (usual for me). The purple cookie clone has received nothing but r/o water and weekly molasses (1tbs/gal). I added 2.5 cc/gal of Atami Bloombastic and have been doing this twice/week. Otherwise just straight water. It has been the healthiest plant of my short grow history fastly outgrowing the two CD plants. It takes up almost half of my 4x4 tent. They are on day 32 of flower (flipping) and the pistils have remained white but most of the older large fan leaves are yellowing on the PC plant. They have also been supplemented with CO2 at 1200ppm with temperatures running from 82° to 85° and rh running 50% - 60%. Is the plant showing signs of not getting what it needs from the SS or is this probably just a trait of this strain that occurs mid flower—old fan leaves start to yellow. I don’t see too many posts that don’t get some kind of response. Starting to think it might be me. PC plant is in back. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Second try first thread went unanswered
Second try first thread went unanswered 2
Second try first thread went unanswered 3

Mugwort

Mugwort

I have a clone given to me in a 5 gal pot growing in a friend’s proven home made super-soil (SS) 50-50 with FFOF on top. The strain is Purple Cookie (PC). I vegged this plant much longer than he does his but he is new and feeds additional nutrients for the whole life cycle when the whole purpose is not to do that with SS. The plant is in a 4x4 tent being scrogged with two Chem Dawg (CD) plants growing in straight FFOF with the usual nute supplementation (usual for me). The purple cookie clone has received nothing but r/o water and weekly molasses (1tbs/gal). I added 2.5 cc/gal of Atami Bloombastic and have been doing this twice/week. Otherwise just straight water. It has been the healthiest plant of my short grow history fastly outgrowing the two CD plants. It takes up almost half of my 4x4 tent. They are on day 32 of flower (flipping) and the pistils have remained white but most of the older large fan leaves are yellowing on the PC plant. They have also been supplemented with CO2 at 1200ppm with temperatures running from 82° to 85° and rh running 50% - 60%. Is the plant showing signs of not getting what it needs from the SS or is this probably just a trait of this strain that occurs mid flower—old fan leaves start to yellow. I don’t see too many posts that don’t get some kind of response. Starting to think it might be me. PC plant is in back. Thanks in advance for any advice.View attachment 1221985View attachment 1221986View attachment 1221987
I should’ve mentioned that I started the Atami at end of week 3 of flower so it has only received 3-4 feedings.

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Its not a trait. Looks like the start of a deficiency. Give them some Epsom Salts. (1tplspn/gallon).
I usually do this every 5 weeks even if mag def hasn't started, to prevent it from starting. Also they might need some extra p & k, they might be greedy girls. But start with the Epsom salt.

Mugwort

Mugwort

Firstly:

Ec going in?
Ph going in?

Ec runoff ?
Ph runoff ?
The plant is in a supersoil. It was mature enough to flip when I got it a couple months back. I vegged it another month before flipping lights just giving it water and weekly molasses. After the 3rd week I added a bloom enhancer at 1/2 strength. There’s no need to check pH in or out. It has been watered per methods I’ve read about growing with supersoil.

Mugwort

Mugwort

Its not a trait. Looks like the start of a deficiency. Give them some Epsom Salts. (1tplspn/gallon).
I usually do this every 5 weeks even if mag def hasn't started, to prevent it from starting. Also they might need some extra p & k, they might be greedy girls. But start with the Epsom salt.
Thanks...I’ll check out the Epsom salts. Can you elaborate a little bit on the use of Epsom salt?

Mugwort

Mugwort

Thanks man...did some reading and I’ll be incorporating your advice into my feedings but if this is the beginning of a deficiency is this how it starts...in older and larger fan leaves? Rest of leaves and buds look great.

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Yes, this is how it starts (with this partiular type of deficiency).
Spend a few minutes briefly reading up on Macro and micronutrients and mobile and immobile nutrients. You dont have to remember it all you can refer back to the info as and when needed, just get a general idea.
There are probably tons of threads on here but if you get stuck you can look here.

Also, I recommend to anyone growing in soil (like me) to always add coco to your soil at a ratio of 2:1 (soil:coco). Over the space of a full cycle it makes a huge dufference to the final yield (33%+ ime) and general vigour and health of the plant, when compared to soil alone. Some pre made soil mixes already have coco in them (tropic mix), but if yours doesnt then I would strongly reccomend it in future. (Most branded soils H&G, Plagron etc list it as a reccomendation on the bag. 👍)

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Also, as you probably know, molasses dissolves much easier in hot water, and the same goes for epsom salt too.
Whenever I use either of these, I mix them into a small ammount (cup) of boiled water first, until they are fully dissolved, then mix this into my water/feed. 👍

Mugwort

Mugwort

Also, as you probably know, molasses dissolves much easier in hot water, and the same goes for epsom salt too.
Whenever I use either of these, I mix them into a small ammount (cup) of boiled water first, until they are fully dissolved, then mix this into my water/feed. 👍
Thanks man! I’ll post the recipe for the supersoil after I dig it up. It was my impression after reading that it required nothing but water from start to finish. I added the weekly molasses (mixed in a couple cups of hot water and then added to a gallon of water). It was only until the 3rd week of flower before I started adding the Atami bloom enhancer twice/week. It was the healthiest plant I’ve ever seen until the fading to yellow of old fan leaves about a week to 10 days ago. Today marks day 33 of flower. I ordered the Epsom salt yesterday and I’ll incorporate a tsp of “Grow Big” to the watering twice/week to get her over the hump. I might also mention that all other leaves look nice and green without any discoloration even on the very tips and pistils remain white.

Mugwort

Mugwort

Thanks man! I’ll post the recipe for the supersoil after I dig it up. It was my impression after reading that it required nothing but water from start to finish. I added the weekly molasses (mixed in a couple cups of hot water and then added to a gallon of water). It was only until the 3rd week of flower before I started adding the Atami bloom enhancer twice/week. It was the healthiest plant I’ve ever seen until the fading to yellow of old fan leaves about a week to 10 days ago. Today marks day 33 of flower. I ordered the Epsom salt yesterday and I’ll incorporate a tsp of “Grow Big” to the watering twice/week to get her over the hump. I might also mention that all other leaves look nice and green without any discoloration even on the very tips and pistils remain white.
...mixed dissolved hot molasses/water into gallon of water

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you might just try compost tea,for better luck,epsom salt is great stuff but it is like a asprin to us,dont use religiously just about once a month works better,even your super soil can build a colony of greatness if you treat it right.
im just curious why mollases is your lean towards succes, it has always drawn bugs to my garden ,i do use it in my teas ,but my teas are once a week in the triple digit weather and once every two weeks when it is decent outside.
i also stay away from the fish when im in flower ,just a choice,but i am curious what is your idea for the mollasses feeding regime.
composted manure is one feed the next is humus /manure next feed for my outdoor grows if your wondering why i dont use it,it is like a dinner bell for bugs and varmits outside right there with blood meal,coons and possum love the stuff

sambapati

sambapati

Yes, this is how it starts (with this partiular type of deficiency).
Spend a few minutes briefly reading up on Macro and micronutrients and mobile and immobile nutrients. You dont have to remember it all you can refer back to the info as and when needed, just get a general idea.
There are probably tons of threads on here but if you get stuck you can look here.

Also, I recommend to anyone growing in soil (like me) to always add coco to your soil at a ratio of 2:1 (soil:coco). Over the space of a full cycle it makes a huge dufference to the final yield (33%+ ime) and general vigour and health of the plant, when compared to soil alone. Some pre made soil mixes already have coco in them (tropic mix), but if yours doesnt then I would strongly reccomend it in future. (Most branded soils H&G, Plagron etc list it as a reccomendation on the bag. 👍)
Good tip on using coco with soil, I use coco and put it in the bottom of the pot with coconut husks to increase draining and give the bottom more air.

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

...I ordered the Epsom salt yesterday and I’ll incorporate a tsp of “Grow Big” to the watering twice/week to get her over the hump. I might also mention that all other leaves look nice and green without any discoloration even on the very tips and pistils remain white.
Try the Epsom salt first. Your plants dont look underfed to me and the Grow Big looks like it has quite a high N value. Keep it on standby, but I think one hit of Epsom salt and they will look different within couple of days. You should see the red/purple of the stems start to fade back to green and the leaves start to look better.
Then, if you still think you need to give extra feed you can consider the Grow Big. But take into account what stage of flower your at and what the plant needs (and doesnt need so much of).👊

Mugwort

Mugwort

Thx to all who replied...a friend that has been doing this for years, both recreationally and commercially, came over with an organic compost tea yesterday. We’ll see how it goes from here. I think my mistake was adding the Atami bloom Bastic at the end of the third week of flower. It received 1/2 dose for first week (twice/week) then 1ml/liter after that twice/week. I think it received a total of five feedings of the Atami. Bad idea I think, adding a bloom enhancer to a soil fortified with high levels of PK already. It was a beautiful plant up until about 10 days ago. From now on just mag Cal supplementation with RO water only.

Top Bottom