Second year grower, just found a few buds with bud rot and need help

• Thread starter Lbelle1311
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

Normal pistil colour. Yeah man. Get a 5x5 to start. You'll be paying like 160 a pound your cost to grow. Tent setup pays itself off first harvest. Yeah. Go bigger. You will be glad you did.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Says only available
Normal pistil colour. Yeah man. Get a 5x5 to start. You'll be paying like 160 a pound your cost to grow. Tent setup pays itself off first harvest. Yeah. Go bigger. You will be glad you did.
Yea, the electricity won’t be $750 a month. 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks again for taking the time to show all of this to me. It really lets me know this is something I can accomplish. After the near disaster etc. I’m getting less bummed and have something to look forward to.

Ponky

Ponky

Says only available

Yea, the electricity won’t be $750 a month. 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks again for taking the time to show all of this to me. It really lets me know this is something I can accomplish. After the near disaster etc. I’m getting less bummed and have something to look forward to.
Oh yeah man. Your monthly bill will be maybe 50 bucks. Heck if you know your kilowatt hours cost you can know down to the cent. Cheap on electricity. Just don't use an already over loaded circuit. Some older homes are wired like shit.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I will have my brother in law tell me what I’ve got going on down there. Can’t ge add one? I have to figure out heat but the actual basement itself stays pretty constant. I don’t think it gets below 60-65. Having just one light isn’t going to generate a lot of heat in the tent though, right? It gets really warm in house with fires.
I was editing my last message to say after really thinking about the clone thing I’d rather go from seed. Then it’s all me. I picked it, started it, and have my mother.

Ponky

Ponky

I will have my brother in law tell me what I’ve got going on down there. Can’t ge add one? I have to figure out heat but the actual basement itself stays pretty constant. I don’t think it gets below 60-65. Having just one light isn’t going to generate a lot of heat in the tent though, right? It gets really warm in house with fires.
I was editing my last message to say after really thinking about the clone thing I’d rather go from seed. Then it’s all me. I picked it, started it, and have my mother.
Lights put off heat. 600 watts air-cooled in a cool room ducted and vented is about the most a tent can handle. Otherwise you have to unzip it for lights on. My personal pick is Hindu Kush. Very nice smoke. Easy to grow. Universally enjoyed. One 600 is half a space heater in heat generated.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
The 5x5 needs the best temperature control. And the 2x4 can just veg and mother. Less important than the flowering side. Can be hotter.
Just realizing I could put this anywhere in the house. What is the
Ok thats not bad at all. You can easily get that.

Here's a basic tent. ^

Basic but effective light ^

Light fan ^ (20 bucks off) and air intake fan. Might want 2.

Cheap filter combo ^

And buy yourself an inkbird thermostat for the tent.

With soil, pots, basic food and these items I'm guessing under 750 bucks. And you should reach your goal for the year in 3 to 4 months. Giving you lots of time to dial in the grow.

Next you need some seeds or clones.

I recommend ProMix HD. And either floranova grow and bloom. Or powdered maxigrow and maxibloom. Not to pricey. A cube of promix can full 7x 5 gallon pots.

This is the basic, classic grow. Cheap to start. Will yield well. And is as simple as you can get. There is more to it. But if you have the space for a 5x5 use it. It's like an aquarium. Bigger is better.

What kind of weed do you enjoy? Some guys here have fire genetics and can tell you where to buy the seeds. So you don't get lousy genetics. It can be stressful when you grow a nice looking plant and it's not good.
this is better than an LED set?

Ponky

Ponky

Just realizing I could put this anywhere in the house. What is the

this is better than an LED set?
I would only use a cheap LED in a small tent for clones and mothers. Or a really nice 2000 dollar array in a 5x5. It's just more cost effective to go HPS to start. Gives good weed. Cheap lights don't give you a good yield.

Ponky

Ponky

And by cheap I mean cheap LED lights. Have to get a good one for flowering. They're not cheap.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
And by cheap I mean cheap LED lights. Have to get a good one for flowering. They're not cheap.
I get it. Someday for the LEDs. This suits my needs perfectly. I have 3 15 gal root pouch bags. One 10 gal. They aren’t expensive but what I have isn’t too big, right? I’m getting excited and need to slow myself down. This is how I get in over my head. 🤣

Ponky

Ponky

I get it. Someday for the LEDs. This suits my needs perfectly. I have 3 15 gal root pouch bags. One 10 gal. They aren’t expensive but what I have isn’t too big, right? I’m getting excited and need to slow myself down. This is how I get in over my head. 🤣
I'd stick with some square 5 gallon nursery pots. 4 nice plants. Make a list. And don't buy anything until you're sure. And make sure you have a fuse panel that can handle a light.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I'd stick with some square 5 gallon nursery pots. 4 nice plants. Make a list. And don't buy anything until you're sure. And make sure you have a fuse panel that can handle a light
Top of the list before I buy anything.
I have an idea that the basement may have been used in the past for something similar. I’ve always thought so. There are a ton of outlets throughout the ceiling joists. An over abundance for a basement.

Ponky

Ponky

Top of the list before I buy anything.
I have an idea that the basement may have been used in the past for something similar. I’ve always thought so. There are a ton of outlets throughout the ceiling joists. An over abundance for a basement.
Nothing worse than someone that parallels breakers. Go over it with a fine tooth comb. If something is wrong I'd fix it before putting up a tent. Get the electrician to fix anything that needs it. Make sure his permit is signed off on. Just to be extra careful.

Spotsy

Spotsy

I don't see any rot.. good way to tell is when u look at plant if one of the leaves is brown and wilted , or on part of leaf is brown.. follow that leaf to where it attaches and bingo ,usually bud rot. I do outdoor in Virginia,, which is like the most humid , crappy conditions for weed.. but I always manage to pull off a good harvest.. I was out there today chopping some down cause I found some rot.. the number one thing to do to get ahead of this problem ,, is going over every leaf and stem.. I spend an hour every morning just going over my 4 plants... Growing is soo freaking nerve wrecking, especially if u really need the medicine. Due diligence!!!

Top Bottom