Security Cameras

• Thread starter Animal Chin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cort

Cort

I think it boils down to this: anyone who comes prepped to jam/hack your wireless cams or hack your PC, is not your random tweeker looking to jack your stereo.

Locks keep honest people honest.

Basic precautions + not advertizing you grow weed is all most people need. You cant stop family/friends from ripping you with cameras. You generally arnt going to turn the photo evidence over to the cops, thus advertize you grow weed... even "legally"

So pick a camera system with this in mind.

Amber

Amber

This probably should not or does not apply to most but just an FYI for those living where your still "dangerous members of the community". I have seen it used in a signed affidative to obtain a search warrant as a reason to suspect a grow house. Because a property is fenced with a locked gate and a camera on a tree by the gate showing who is at the gate.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I just realized, dan, that we have that same light fixture (that Dave's supposed to put in the kitchen), but in the bronze finish. :D

He and I used to correspond with a fellow who's a locksmith, he had/has lots of advice on locks, doors, safes, and security. LOTS. Been a while since we've corresponded with gottaknow.
Damn that light fixture gets around...

IMG 20130602 164141 118
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
LMAO!

Hi Sea & Dave, we're looking into getting a new wireless cam system and have a couple of Q's for ya.

Did you have to pay for your Zoneminder App?
And also, is it compatible with iMac/iphone?

We both have iMac's but I actually own a Droid Phone but my GF has an iPhone.

TIA, H8
Dave's not here...

Hehheh. Had to, sorry.

In any event, I'm pretty sure Zoneminder is a free program. I'll have to check the developer notes to see if it's compatible, but it *ought* to be, considerin' OSX and all.

And a quick Google seems to show that, yes, Zoneminder is compatible with the iOS.

This probably should not or does not apply to most but just an FYI for those living where your still "dangerous members of the community". I have seen it used in a signed affidative to obtain a search warrant as a reason to suspect a grow house. Because a property is fenced with a locked gate and a camera on a tree by the gate showing who is at the gate.
Wow. Just... wow. :( They who 'regulate' us want us to secure our areas, but 'they' will then use that against us. Don't it just figure?

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter

thats crazy but doesnt imply here because no herb has ever been sold here. This place has zero traffic plus every exterior camera is hidden. Thanks for the heads up though ;)

Damn that light fixture gets around...
lol

Hey Sea fwiw my lamp is bronze its just hard to tell in the pic :D

ttystikk

ttystikk

Yeah, because goodness knows the cops hate it when people don't trust they'll do their jobs!

Amber

Amber

LMAO!

Dave's not here...

Hehheh. Had to, sorry.

In any event, I'm pretty sure Zoneminder is a free program. I'll have to check the developer notes to see if it's compatible, but it *ought* to be, considerin' OSX and all.

And a quick Google seems to show that, yes, Zoneminder is compatible with the iOS.

Wow. Just... wow. :( They who 'regulate' us want us to secure our areas, but 'they' will then use that against us. Don't it just figure?
Right I just wanted a head start to grab my air rifle to sting the hell out of anyone coming to rob me cause I sure cant have anything thats gonna stop em. The first thing they did was cut all the corded camera wires they said to protect against anyone that would be watching them from a remote location.

Amber

Amber

thats crazy but doesnt imply here because no herb has ever been sold here. This place has zero traffic plus every exterior camera is hidden. Thanks for the heads up though ;)

lol

Hey Sea fwiw my lamp is bronze its just hard to tell in the pic :D
They did note in the report that my house had virtually no traffic and that they lied to try and gain a confession when they stated that we sold them weed. I sell nothing here either.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
They did note in the report that my house had virtually no traffic and that they lied to try and gain a confession when they stated that we sold them weed. I sell nothing here either.

They wrote in the report that they lied?????????????????????

Regardless Im licensed and Ive got 10 plants...all personal. Ill leave the front door open for them :D. Ive got my MRIs and my lawyers card with my license waiting for them. I dont sell herb period...not here not anywhere but I do cover my ass. Well time to go to work...ciao

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I dont think your quite getting the fact that the cams are for thieves not cops,They are a deterrent and a tool not an anti-cop device.There are so many cam systems in use today that i dont beleive any judge would issue a warrant based on the fact that ''they have cameras therefore their drug dealers judge''.If the police wanna come in they will find a way but they are not gonna just pick you out of the blue because you have cams,you can bet your ass you did something else to draw attention to yourself/home.

Amber

Amber

I dont think your quite getting the fact that the cams are for thieves not cops,They are a deterrent and a tool not an anti-cop device.There are so many cam systems in use today that i dont beleive any judge would issue a warrant based on the fact that ''they have cameras therefore their drug dealers judge''.If the police wanna come in they will find a way but they are not gonna just pick you out of the blue because you have cams,you can bet your ass you did something else to draw attention to yourself/home.
I understand they are for thieves, I got mine for thieves also. I don't have them up anymore though mainly because the only thing they have done for me is help get a warrant signed (no its not the only thing that was on the warrant but it was on the warrant) I just thought I would mention it? Personally I think good karma and my dogs and my best defense against robbers. If someone is willing to come invade my property to steal from me im pretty sure I would be here to see their face, I just hope I'm still here when they leave.

Seamaiden we had wireless also so yeah I did get to watch that event, really not a movie I will be watching again.

dank herbs yep in the report.

Amber

Amber

I do have a bunch of really nice cameras ptz's I don't use if anyone is interested message me but I gave the dvr away.

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Wireless signal jammers... Used at high end walk-in theaters and executive board room meetings among other things to jamb cell phone annoyance / interruptions... Been around for quite A while. They also block wireless cameras, nanny cams etc.
Hard line cameras, cut the power like someone already mentioned. If someone want's in, they'll get in. The following is A widely available cheapie, but you get the idea...

ZONER

ZONER

Cell phone Jammers are illegal in the states,that goes for LEO TOO. Mine was sent from China as a computer parts ...... Went thru customs no problem ....... Works great in movie houses ... For the annoying folks who need to talk or text, shuts then down. Great in restaurants for same shit heads who finished their meal and are such A holes they feel its O.K. TO BULLSHIT while your eating your meal and have to hear about their sad lives. Sooooooo worth the $140.00

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Also interested in applying a camera system but am located in the hills with no wifi and little cell phone signal, any ideas on how to create a hot spot?

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

This place has zero traffic plus every exterior camera is hidden.

Hey Dan,

Can you give me an idea how you were able to hide your cameras? I am going to upgrade from one camera to several, and was thinking of cutting holes in the exterior and disguising them as rafter vents. If anything it would protect them from someone smashing them with a rock, but I wonder if the vent screen would screw up the camera focusing too close on the screen.

Thanks.

Cort

Cort

There are tons of actually functioning devices that are cameras. Smoke detectors, alarm clocks, cell phone chargers, wall clocks, power outlets, coat hooks, motion sensor flood lights, books, teddy bears.... there is no reason anyone should see your cameras unless you want them to.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey Dan,

Can you give me an idea how you were able to hide your cameras? I am going to upgrade from one camera to several, and was thinking of cutting holes in the exterior and disguising them as rafter vents. If anything it would protect them from someone smashing them with a rock, but I wonder if the vent screen would screw up the camera focusing too close on the screen.

Thanks.
I believe the camera, if it's an IR camera, will end up focusing on the screen. I'll let my husband chime in on that when he gets a chance, he's spent the past couple of weekends focused on upgrading our surveillance system.

Top Bottom