Seed bank mislabeled drastic difference same labeled strain?

• Thread starter Mrmitten
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrmitten

Mrmitten

At a bit of a loss and want to get thoughts. I grew a few different strains and have harvested all but one plant. I ordered seeds from a seedbank (not sure if I can post name here). The plant in question is suppose to be from a feminized stardawg seed. I harvested the lower portion of the other stardawg seed i got from the same vendor a few days ago and the tops over a week ago and the bottoms actually were a bit overripe. This plant has looked different from the time it popped up. Its been taller and had thiner leaves and grow a lot more when I switched to flowering than other plants, even so much I had to implement some last minute training as it was reaching the lights. Based on how it looks im guessing it has a few weeks left still im already into week 10 now. Bud structure and smell and completely different as well.

Does it seem likely the seed was simply mislabeled or can there be this much difference in phenotypes?

Attached are the two pics of both of the plant claimed to be stardawg. 1st pic is the one still going, 2nd pic is the one that's already curing.

Seed bank mislabeled drastic difference same labeled strain
Seed bank mislabeled drastic difference same labeled strain 2
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

These could just be different phenos of the same strain. However, accidents in packing and labeling have happened. I'd say the likelihood is that they're just different phenos.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You got caught up in fast buds crimes against growing, i have an indica dom star dog at 60 days, at day 35 there were only a few pistils, so i had to cut light cycle to 12 12 to try and induce flowering, this time it worked next time maybe not, definitely not bc im done with this breeder, ill stick with meth, and yea this plant looks nothing like the others WTF????????? Did yours look like these?

20210717 090916
20210717 090930
Mrmitten

Mrmitten

Looks nothing like the 1st plant i harvested, somewhat similar to the one in question before I lost most of my leaves. Cant really say for a bud structure standpoint as there are only really hairs in the pic posted. The other one I already harvested had fatter leaves more indica in appearance. Since I only grew 2 I guess I wouldn't know which one stardawg actually should look like. Flowering time was around 60ish days for the one I already harvested. When I cut over to flower I immediately switched to 11.5 hours of light and dialed back to 10 hours over the 1st few weeks as I really wanted to go on vacation and since I'm I went the dwc route its daily up keep. The 1st one had the distinctive strong mycrene smell very similar to a Chemdog plant I grew alongside it. This one has a more fruity smell unlike anything else in my tent.

Mrmitten

Mrmitten

Seed bank in question was https://dankseeds.org/ . I had a terrible germination rate from what they sent as well, emailed them and never heard back. Luckily I've found someone close to me that has at least 40 different strains of clones available for relatively cheap price. The Chemdog i grew was from him and it seemed a lot more resilient against ph swings and the infestation of fungus gnats i had a one point. Even being my 1st grow (indoors legally at least), I've pretty much made up my mind id rather start from clones than seeds. With the amount of duds I received from the seedbank buying clones would have been cheaper anyhow. Irrating as well as im waiting / paying for electricity for a single plant to finish up now. In the grand scheme of things I can't complain too much I already have pulled 15 ounces out my 4x4 tent and still have this plant too go. Not bad for my 1st indoors grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom