Seed banks and "out of stock"

• Thread starter Vedic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vedic

Vedic

So I spent the past couple months looking for "drops" and seeds from reliable growers and companies and things like Fire OG and such are always out of stock.

I see people flipping seeds for hundreds of USD over what they should cost .. and it is a bit weird to see.

So I am thinking of starting an actual seed brokerage. Seeds have real value and can be bought sold and traded for.

Using erc20 or similar to verify identity of seeds breeders and genetics and so there are no surprises, scams or duds.

Cannabis being legalized everywhere is creating a huge over surplus. I have about 260,000 square feet of cultivation space between Adelanto and Sacramento that I will be converting into seed banks and maybe clone banks (but more interested in seeds) (selling shovels during the gold rush was always better than trying to claim the gold)

Only brokerage I see is for CBD. I see Seed brokers in Canada and the US (and a few seem legit) and even take credit cards thru mesh etc) - but again, seeds are limited in strain and the market is flooded with offbrand weird hybrid BS that nobody wants lol.

So what are your thoughts? I figured it will take about a 750k-1.5m USD investment to code out, get a legal team in place (waiting for federal cannabis banking to legalize) but something I am willing to do. Think it's something the industry needs.

Posted on a few forums, just want to get some feedback.

I am long time soil grower myself, just recently got into hydro (ebb and flow) no real feedback on that on these forums but I was able to hire a team with experience to walk me thru the process. I liked growing while it was profitable, but those days are coming to an end pretty fast. (from a growth perspective) - those with clients will come down on price but still turn a profit for a bit until of course big Tabaco and spirits companies along with VC/PE and institutional dollars force everyone out.

So looking for the next opportunity in the industry. I think everyone here would benefit and love real access to good genetics, eliminate the scams and BS process that is currently in place to procure seeds and eliminate the ambiguity of the procurement process altogether.

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

So I spent the past couple months looking for "drops" and seeds from reliable growers and companies and things like Fire OG and such are always out of stock.

I see people flipping seeds for hundreds of USD over what they should cost .. and it is a bit weird to see.

I expect you are right but how long will this situation exist?

I was looking for 4/20 sales this year and it was REALLY thin on good sales. With the vaccines kicking in I expect you have less than a year to cash in. You won't have seeds on time so do anything business related based on a normal situation.

E9noxis

E9noxis

I've been looking for cake bomb. Always out of stock. Makes me think it doesn't really exist

Top Bottom