Seed climbing out of rockwool cube

• Thread starter justinsloan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

justinsloan

In the rockwool cube nearest to the camera in the photo, I have a seed that has been climbing its way out of the rock wool cube. Super active seeds, all germinated in 10 hours, all super responsive. Should I be worried about the seed that is climbing out?
Seed climbing out of rockwool cube

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Just A guess but probably not. Sooner or later they have to lift their heads up and shed the helmet and start growing leaves. I don’t know anything about Rockwool.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

In the rockwool cube nearest to the camera in the photo, I have a seed that has been climbing its way out of the rock wool cube. Super active seeds, all germinated in 10 hours, all super responsive. Should I be worried about the seed that is climbing out?
View attachment 1260075
They are supposed to,if anything,next time fold the cube a bit so the resistance will help take the shell off

J

justinsloan

They are supposed to,if anything,next time fold the cube a bit so the resistance will help take the shell off
Have a look
Seed1
at this, the cube on the left nearest to the camera is of course the cube with the dancing seed, but the one next to it on the right, it seems to not be taking near as much change as the others and i am worried that maybe it
Seed3
died and I just cannot tell. I turned the lights up for 2 minutes that were so bright that it was too much for human eyes and a minute later saw my seedlings beginning to droop and immediately turned it off, howeve
Seed2
r the one that drooped is not the one that I suspect may have died. Other than the little mishap with the light, conditions are perfect. It should still be alive. But, I am not sure, any insight into this would be appreciated.

J

justinsloan

Have a lookView attachment 1260396 at this, the cube on the left nearest to the camera is of course the cube with the dancing seed, but the one next to it on the right, it seems to not be taking near as much change as the others and i am worried that maybe itView attachment 1260395 died and I just cannot tell. I turned the lights up for 2 minutes that were so bright that it was too much for human eyes and a minute later saw my seedlings beginning to droop and immediately turned it off, howeveView attachment 1260394r the one that drooped is not the one that I suspect may have died. Other than the little mishap with the light, conditions are perfect. It should still be alive. But, I am not sure, any insight into this would be appreciated.
The seed climbing out of the rock wool cube and being launched in the air does look pretty cool.

J

justinsloan

The seed climbing out of the rock wool cube and being launched in the air does look pretty cool.
Never mind, I do not think that it died. I just looked at the previous picture that I posted and that seed had not sprouted up as much to where it could be seen. So, it was a good germinating run. 4/4

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Have a lookView attachment 1260396 at this, the cube on the left nearest to the camera is of course the cube with the dancing seed, but the one next to it on the right, it seems to not be taking near as much change as the others and i am worried that maybe itView attachment 1260395 died and I just cannot tell. I turned the lights up for 2 minutes that were so bright that it was too much for human eyes and a minute later saw my seedlings beginning to droop and immediately turned it off, howeveView attachment 1260394r the one that drooped is not the one that I suspect may have died. Other than the little mishap with the light, conditions are perfect. It should still be alive. But, I am not sure, any insight into this would be appreciated.
You can take a cube and tear it into very tiny pieces around it to cover the root to keep the light off it

J

justinsloan

You can take a cube and tear it into very tiny pieces around it to cover the root to keep the light off it
You do not think that I should let it grow to see if it strengthens out? I think it should be fine. I saw a bit of green toward the seed part of it anyway.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

You do not think that I should let it grow to see if it strengthens out? I think it should be fine. I saw a bit of green toward the seed part of it anyway.
If it grabs you'll be fine. I only mentioned it so the seedling will be able to make adventitous roots to hold it in place

J

justinsloan

If it grabs you'll be fine. I only mentioned it so the seedling will be able to make adventitous roots to hold it in place

So here is what they look like today. The front right does not seem to have changed much, like the bottom left one has already starting turning into something. The front left does not seem to have changed from yesterday and the back right one either died or is doing something in the Rockwool cube. I woke up this morning and the cubes and tray were super dry. I panicked but soaked everything quick. I know the one plant is alive. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

So here is what they look like today. The front right does not seem to have changed much, like the bottom left one has already starting turning into something. The front left does not seem to have changed from yesterday and the back right one either died or is doing something in the Rockwool cube. I woke up this morning and the cubes and tray were super dry. I panicked but soaked everything quick. I know the one plant is alive. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
The back left one looks normal,they may need help with the helmet but they're pretty tender this young so you'd have to be careful,hard to tell by pic but the right one looks like a radical emerging upside down. Are you all out of seeds or can you plant a few more? Plant them deeper maybe next time,make the hole a bit deeper with a pencil or something and fold over the rockwool for abrasion.

J

justinsloan

The back left one looks normal,they may need help with the helmet but they're pretty tender this young so you'd have to be careful,hard to tell by pic but the right one looks like a radical emerging upside down. Are you all out of seeds or can you plant a few more? Plant them deeper maybe next time,make the hole a bit deeper with a pencil or something and fold over the rockwool for abrasion.
So I am planting the 6 other seeds I have and will use my cat warming mat after I sterilize that. I have the rockwool cubes soaking in a water solution with nutes. And in an hour they will be in a humidity dome.

J

justinsloan

I think that two of them died. I think that the front two died and the back two are doing very good. Perhaps, the front two were too close to the CO2 dispensers that I have in there. The one that cannot be seen has green and leaves inside of the rockwool cube. I checked just a bit ago. So that one is definitely good.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I think that two of them died. I think that the front two died and the back two are doing very good. Perhaps, the front two were too close to the CO2 dispensers that I have in there. The one that cannot be seen has green and leaves inside of the rockwool cube. I checked just a bit ago. So that one is definitely good.
It's also possible you got a cple weak seeds,it happens.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Just cut the rockwool open it like a taco and place seed inside and fold back up if indeed it pushes itself out of the rockwool.

Top Bottom