Seed companies that list terps?

• Thread starter login
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Its 2023 there should be no reason reputed seed companies can't list terp profiles on there seeds.
In some states, like Colorado, labs can only service commercial growers. So there is at least one reason for Colorado-based breeders.

What all breeders should do is include fucking STRAIN DESCRIPTIONS! You'd think that would be a no brainer, but I see many seed descriptions only include the parents of the cross. If you aren't familiar with the parents of the cross, you have zero information.

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Leafly is probably the only ones doing this.
I don't seed how a seed bank or breeder could label terps when regressive traits can come out giving us pheno varieties within the same strain and results of a strain can vary grow to grow.
If a breeder did list terps and you got a different pheno than described you'd be inclined to think the breeder is misleading people. There's only so much info a breeder can provide. The rest of the info will come from the pheno and how it was grown.
Same goes for THC% and yield estimates by Dutch breeders. That info has always been bunk but people take it as gospel for some reason and use it to guide what they buy.
But Leafly does provide a road map of sorts. I have this poster and another like it in my drying tent

jXSS0pS1Sw2p2eq176GL_Leafly-Cannabis-Terpene-Wheel-Infographic.png

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Leafly is probably the only ones doing this.
I don't seed how a seed bank or breeder could label terps when regressive traits can come out giving us pheno varieties within the same strain and results of a strain can vary grow to grow.
If a breeder did list terps and you got a different pheno than described you'd be inclined to think the breeder is misleading people. There's only so much info a breeder can provide. The rest of the info will come from the pheno and how it was grown.
Same goes for THC% and yield estimates by Dutch breeders. That info has always been bunk but people take it as gospel for some reason and use it to guide what they buy.
But Leafly does provide a road map of sorts. I have this poster and another like it in my drying tent

jXSS0pS1Sw2p2eq176GL_Leafly-Cannabis-Terpene-Wheel-Infographic.png
And the breeders I see that do list the terps and thc % they are doing it with 1 pheno and I bet my bottom dollar it’s the best pheno they found that got the test taken.can be very misleading but it brings up the hype which is what sells.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
In some states, like Colorado, labs can only service commercial growers. So there is at least one reason for Colorado-based breeders.

What all breeders should do is include fucking STRAIN DESCRIPTIONS! You'd think that would be a no brainer, but I see many seed descriptions only include the parents of the cross. If you aren't familiar with the parents of the cross, you have zero information.
There is places in Colorado that will test for home growers too.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

There is places in Colorado that will test for home growers too.
This was a complaint I heard from "Rasta Jeff" of Irie Genetics, on a couple of his podcasts, that only licensed commercial growers can get their products tested. Sounded like a weird, pointless rule.

A

Alwispy

F1’s are pretty much a crap shoot aiding Breeders and giving us a “surprise package “. Why oh why, is everything money related nowadays or at least it seems that way. 😟

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Pretty much everything is f1 or s1(if fem) unless otherwise stated from what I have seen. Breeders who go further down the generation lane are quick to tell you.
Haha yep! Big difference between pollen chuckers and breeders.
I think I've got to a point where tell me the cross, maybe a pic of a tester plant, and let me find out the rest on my own. All I want from breeders these days are viable seeds. As long as they're not bunk, I'm happy. The rest is on me

A

Alwispy

A person can only grow out so much gear in a year. I don’t want to be hoping for a pheno that at least resembles what the “Breeder” was intending. Growing takes Time ⏰ unfortunately there’s no short cut I have found. 🤔 So growing out the “final or finished “ product that the “creator” made is sweet indeed ! 🥰
(at least that’s my opinion, it can change by the minute 😜

0AF83D35 B10B 4CEC 810C CA608DC90E7B
2Bad

2Bad

Pretty much everything is f1 or s1(if fem) unless otherwise stated from what I have seen. Breeders who go further down the generation lane are quick to tell you.
Do feminized seeds come out the same everytime? or is there phenos in there?

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
There’s going to variation in everything. Some may argue s1’s have less though.
If you get the right parents together and your into both a lot of time your going to find something nice.
Really depends on the % of 🔥 phenos you will have.
I just grew out 15 snow leopard x(ecsd x og kush) a little over half were fast showing males. Killed a few females
Mid flower because they were trash. But I found this making it worth it for me. But if I had only popped a couple of seeds expecting something great for smoke I would have been highly disappointed.
In the fems I’ve done I find 3-4 killers in a 8 pack.

login

login

I grow for med patients, and they require certain terps, like beta-caryophyllene for inflammation its a cb2 antagonist. Because of laws im limited on space and only have 2 4x4 trays for pheno hunting, even just listing parent terp profiles would be enough to give an idea of potential pheno keepers.

revegeta

revegeta

It depends on the work done by the breeder to stabilize the strain. Anything can come out from the polyhybrids that flood the market, but real breeders can and do stabilize their strains through selection and inbreeding, depending on what traits they are focusing on. Terpene content should be one of the easiest to select for, as anyone with a nose can identify 2 plants with similar smell.

In the case of feminized seeds, selfed (S1) seeds will be a lot more stable than a cross between 2 female plants from different strains, simply because there's half the genetic material available, as selfing is the highest form of inbreeding.

As mentioned Ace seeds provides thorough lab results for cannabinoids and terpenes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom