Seed germ problem..

• Thread starter flybynyt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

flybynyt

I have 20 beans of KillerQueen that are originally from BCGA (so I was told) that I got from Hemp depot.com as a indoor mix. The problem I am having is, after I have tried to germinate 10 seeds none have cracked open. Before I try the other ten I thought maybe I could get some advice. Thank you.

flybynyt

R

rounders02

what up Flybynt, maybe try scuffing them a liittle then soak then in a bowl of water till they sink, then put a on a moist paper towel the plate , then put your beans on the moist paper, then put another moist paper towel over the seeds and cover with plate... thats the method that was told to me cause i had problems also, but since using this method i hav had no problems.. hope all goes better your next 10...Rounders

K

koopa troopa

my favorite is germing right in the medium. so far 100% for me since i switched from paper towel method. they are probably old seeds and need a scuffing like rounders suggested.

what method do you do to germ? how long has it been?

R

Raoul

I will just add that paper towel has been pretty much perfect for viable seeds. Make sure you wash you hands before handling the towel and seeds. The last seeds that don't germ(if it happens), I run my finger nail between the seed coat slightly at first. If you see a seed bloated but not cracking, I have carefully cracked the coat and placed back into germination with success.

C

chubbynugs

One of the better ways i have found to germ seeds is precracking the pointy end of the seed. you can just pinch it with your teeth. I had to do that a lot on the Master Lows i grow.

F

fi_di_bot

nice tip chubbynugs!popopow!
i never think to do so i usually use the "stratification" way. you can store the seeds for a week into a freezer (< 0°C), then a week into the fridge on 5/6°C then try to germinate it.

M

M3N4C3

I usually just soak them in a cup till they sink
then I will put them straight into coco
with old seeds I soak them and put them in rapid rooters with a humidome

Top Bottom