seed germination soil vs. rockwool

• Thread starter doo-doo-man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
doo-doo-man

doo-doo-man

Please help the doo-doo man!!!!

I got some seeds from a bank. I basically probably got fucked but anyhow, I have a hydrponic system the seeds were sort of green in color I started in rockwool and 40 of the 50 seeds did NOTHING!! You could press the seeds in your hand and it was like mush when you pushed on it. I was wondering does germination in soil offers better germination than rockwool or if it even matters. Im a newbie and it is frustrating to place so much time, effort and money to have minimal results. out of the other ten 2 look like the are going to hermapidite, 1 is not going to make it so now im down to 7 out of 50!!!! To inhance the germination they were place on an incubator/heating pad @ the proper distance also humidity was great so i see nothing I did wrong.. PLEASE HELP DOO-DOO

E

easypleasie

lol funny ass name, bro!

Lots of threads on this topic here. Many methods and they all work. Just personal preference I guess. I personally like the soak in water for 24 hours and then into a wet napkin method.

Many questions won't get answered if the same questions are being asked over and over. Just use the search feature of the site before posting a thread. It will pull up all kinds of good stuff. Here's one that could help ya out.

And the issue isn't rockwool vs. soil...more like the seeds weren't dry and ready to use. I don't think they should be green. Which bank sent these to you? If you order here at the farm, you won't have that problem. Losing 40 seeds is just sad news my friend.

Good luck with your remaining seeds.

S

SweetIndica2

I use a wet napkin and keep it wet with warm water every few hours, then put the seeds wrapped in the napkin inside a plate to keep the moisture in. I have never used any mediums when germinating and i always get taproots showing within 24-48 Hours.

doo-doo-man

doo-doo-man

thanx all, I guess I will try one of these other methods I really believe the seeds were not viable anyway and the seed bank was ontario seed bank I posted my entire experience with them here to take a look if ya dont mind...thanks again fellow farmers

Top Bottom