Seed on buds is this normal

• Thread starter nreid84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nreid84

I have 4 big budda cheese. In week 4 i noticed a few yellow flowers on 1 plant. I pulled them off and none ever came back. They were under the branch coming off the main stock. Only 1 under a few off the branches. Im now in week 7 and have found that plant has had a seed growing on top off 2 buds. Its my first grow and need a little help. Will it be ok or will it effect my other plants

S

Stackin Paper

If you're in week 7 and there is only 1 seed its not gonna cause ya any problems m8, the seed ya got will probably grow ya a better plant than the bbc bean, lol.

N

nreid84

Well thats sort off what i thought. I just dug out the seed. The buds have not formed in 2 a cone like the other 1's. They are more like a crown on top where the seed was. The other plants have big head and well formed buds

A

arpege

IS this BIG Buddhas cheese or another breeder? I have put BBC thru some tough conditions and have never seen her hermie..

P

phoenix

Hey reid,i grew out the ghs cheese and had a pretty good result,but the wreck even though it turned out well spat em everywhere.

as a new grower its kind of a right of passage to produce herm seeds,dont sweat it dude,its all a learning process,even for the fellas that were about in the 70's have still got shit to learn.

did the plants get stressed at all? nutes,ph etc

B

British_Hempire

Hermies shouldn't occur in highly worked lines like cheese, it's evidence of poor breeding practices. The original Cheese cut WILL throw male nanners, but only if you stress her and let her go long (past 70 days).

Sounds to me like that one plant had a small hermie issue, don't worry about the odd seed, the potency and high will not be affected, after all, no-one hardly in the west had smoking sinsemilla buds without seeds until the mid 70s, yes, all those legendary Acapulco Gold, Colombian Gold, Panama Red, Chocolate Thai, they were all full of seeds but they still got people nice and high.

Just make sure you don't keep a clone of the plant that grew the male flowers.

This is why I always stay clear of feminised seeds, hermies are often common, every feminised seedline I have grown (Zamal x Nev's Haze, White Widow, Northern Lights, Purple Power, Easy Sativa, all from Female Seeds and Sweet Afghani Delicious from Sweet Seeds) have had plants with male flowers, this to me is not acceptable. I understand why feminised seeds appeal to people, but I still think everyone is better off growing normal seeds, selecting the best females and cloning them for future grows. I blame the high price of seeds for many bad growing practices. Back in the day we would start a couple of packs (and many packs were 15 seeds then) and just throw all the males and any females that were weak looking, this is much better practice, the more plants you start with, the more chance you have of finding a keeper. But who can afford to buy two packs these days?

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

Like BH mentioned above, its all down to unstable genetics and another thing i have noticed is that with bb and gh you end up with a alot dif pheno's and sum of dont even resemble cheese lol

Top Bottom