seed sexing

• Thread starter bigdaddyg8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

i have searched threw the grow FAQ's, and have not found the information i was looking for . after seeds pop what process would be used in determining the sex ? how old or what size should the plants be before going to 12hrs of lighting ? how many days after 12hrs of lighting should the plants start to show ?

thanks !

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

Go back and READ. All of your questions are asked and answered. Peace

T

tattoojim

when it comes to sexing a plant...each strain shows when its ready to show. if you force the issue you will end up with a bunch of coles. keep reading hommie. its all here on the farm...:animbong:

I

Indicas4me

I start mine in a seedling tray under 24 hour light (florescent) untill I feel ther ready to transplant,at around 4-5 inches tall.I then transplanrt them to a 20 oz cop with holes drilled in the bottom.I let them go in these until I think the roots are starting to take (start seeing growth) maybe around a week give or take.I then put into 12/12 lighting still under regular florescent 40 watt bulbs until sexed.Cull the males which you will see first and imediately after seeing a hair on a female put it back on 24 hour lighting for longer veg.This way it doesnt take a whole lotta room and doesnt take alot of time wasting it on males.

B

Biggestpothead

Depends on the strain, most sativas u can 12/12 immediately but I would wait two weeks to be on the safe side. U wanna grow it out anyway for traits desired. Yea u have some reading to do

T

TROCOLO

In a Spanish forum they were making experiments about sexing seedlings very early watching if the cotyledons were orientated North-South or East-West, but it is not a reliable method.

I think the best and only way is the old method of growing your weed and and pay attention.

Best regards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom