Seed Sorting And Cleaning

• Thread starter Canalchemist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I hope this is in the right section, just thought I would put out some feelers to see what technique others use to sort seeds. Do you just sit and toil one seed at a time, do you have a process to sort out the premees. What you look for in a seed, Ideal Indica Seed appearance, Ideal Sativa seed appearance.

Seems like there could be a lot of hours put into this process.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I watched a documentary a while back on one of the dutch seed company's and what they did was break up the seeded weed then they used this interesting air flow thru machine I cant do it any justice trying to describe it, but basically what happens is the lighter non viable seeds fly up and out to another shoot where they can be discarded and the ones that remain in the tub are the viable seeds, they obviously would not spill the beans ;) on how much air pressure is used and so forth but yeah just air pressure thru a column to sort and seperate is what the big dogs do anyway. :D

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I look for a good personality and a seed that is willing to cuddle up to a nice fire in the winter.......

I just sort one by one. The premees get taken out, dried and eaten. Throw a little salt on those bad boys and they are delish! Seed appearance will change with different strains. Haze seeds will be smaller and more pale. Indica dom will tend to be large and dark with stripes. I find the average looking seed in a harvest is what your looking for. Not sure if this helps, good luck.

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Holy cow that is super fast, it would be so easy to make one of those fro an old leaf blower and some clear plastic pipe, and glue.

I was thinking about making a attachment for the wetvac like a trough with screen on it and the suction holds the premmes to the screen and the heavier seeds flow right through. You could adjust the suction with a damper until you have the right amount for the seeds you have.

JAWS

JAWS

looks like a decent machine but it's very loud and i bet it cost some big coinage.

thank you for the vid though my friend, very interesting indeed.

peace:)

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

looks like a decent machine but it's very loud and i bet it cost some big coinage.

thank you for the vid though my friend, very interesting indeed.

I agree and I am also not a fan of dust and shit blowing out the top, I am sure there are finer particles that escape, It would be better to copy one of the diy machines from youtube and run it off a vacuum that has a hepa filter in it. Less dust, means you can run it "anywhere" almost... Doesn't seem like rocket appliances. Hee hee

peace:)

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I think a shop vac would suffice to create airflow, might be time to source some clear central vac tubing

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Well the make shift system I put together is effective at getting all the crap out and some of the premmes but I can definitely see the benefits of some different systems that require the seeds to fall through channels with obstacles the seeds have to bounce off and keep them in the air stream longer, time to hit the drawing board.

Top Bottom