Seed Trouble

• Thread starter Chemotype
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chemotype

Chemotype

I need some insight. I've never experienced this problem before.

I started 20 Hindu Kush, 22 Kali Mist, 13 Lifesaver and 10 Bubbleberry seeds in a damp paper towel (RO water was used), kept warm and in the dark like always. Within 72 hours all but two Hindu Kush, two Kali Mist, one Lifesaver, and two Bubbleberry had germinated. As soon as the radicals were visible the seeds were placed into Jiffy-7 cubes that were set into perlite to help keep them moist and not soaked (again pH 7, RO water was used). Of the 58 seeds that germinated only two Hindu Kush and one Kali Mist broke surface. All others never broke surface.

Any clues to the low success? Has anyone ever experienced this?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
How many days have they been in the jiffy 7's? It could take 3 or 4 days depending on temp.

mack 10

mack 10

Any chance they got cold? As i've had the same thing happen. I know that when the seed shell split' s and root tip emerges ,is a critical time but i'm sure you already no this.. Did you get all the seed from the same place?

7rayos

I dunno much about hydro, but did you previousy soaked the perlite and those jiffy cubes or just added ph7 water? I think it has a tendency to alter ph if you use it straight away.

Chemotype

Chemotype

They have been in for about 2 weeks. They did get a little cold at the beginning because my heat mat wasn't working right. But it was like 64F, which I don't think is too low. The cubes and perlite were pre-soked in pH 7 RO water. So it shouldn't be a pH thing or ppm.

All the seeds were from the same place, except the Lifesaver.

S

Sway

ph of 7 is way off for hydro. keep your ph between 5.6-6.3 when using soil less. also, i wouldnt use RO right off the bat..

P

peabody

chemotype heat mat problems are not 64 degrees should not have been much of a issue. that is just my opinon . Any idea what kind of handling they had prior to getting to you. like humidity or yes exstreem cold . 1? if you don't mind have heard of lifesaver only once before on another site can you give me any info on where to get lifesaver. pm me if you want thaks peabody stay safe grow green.

doo-doo-man

doo-doo-man

hope you didnt get the beans from ontario seed bank read my post on my experience....

Top Bottom