seedage

• Thread starter BuddKlott
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BuddKlott

how safe is ordering seeds over the internet -
you see the only address i can get seeds posted is to my house - which obviously i grow in - which my common sense tells me is fekkin' dumb

soo whats the safest way for me to buy seeds?
over the counter or a site like this?

R

RansacktheElder

Don't, I repeat, DO NOT get seeds sent to the same location as your grow. That's the only advice I feel safe giving. #1 rule, don't bring heat on yourself in any way whatsoever. The consequences are to harsh and you'll have a lot of time on your hands to reflect.

B

BuddKlott

thats exactly what i thought, thanks Ransack

I guess I'll have to find a good seed shop - anyone know one in the South east / greater London area?

R

RansacktheElder

Wait a sec and there will be a few people chime in from the UK. I'm in the US, but I believe the same rule applies.

D.I.Y

D.I.Y

There's always a risk obtaining supplys for us farmers,old bill could be watching your local grow shop.I got paranoid as fuck filling my boot with soil at a grow shop but what the fuck I aint using miracle grow.I know a fewfrom the U.K that have had seeds from here with no bothers.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
You guys put soil in yer boots??? LOL!!!

Ha ha, talk amurikan!!! lol!

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
When I travelled Europe I went to England for a spell and I swear to god I could not, for the life of me, understand some of the English language spoken there. I believe it was Cockney??? I'm sorry, please educate...is that a specific dialect? It wasn't just the use of different terms for objects, but the manner in which it was spoken. Very heavy accent. I was totally baffled....

hubcap

hubcap

hahaha
i thought cockney was 'rural' australian....?

you all a funny.
safest way is to go to the source.
assuming youre not getting on a plane tomorrow with a grip of cash id order from here with confidence and send em ANYWHERE other than the 'spot'

its best not to involve anyone else, but....

*get smart theme plays*

N

Nuglover

You'll think of something. Luckilly I have a couple of brothers, one don't smoke but he's cool and he owe's me. ya know? NEVER get seeds atcha grow.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
hahaha
i thought cockney was 'rural' australian....?

Nope...I was right. Wikipedia defines Cockney as working class Londoners, more specifically, those from East End. Also, the language spoken by those people.:icon_cookie:

B

BuddKlott

you guys should youtube terry tibbs.. true lemon squeezer

K

KingCrimson

not that it is smart or advisable but two out of the three previous residences' I've occupied and grown out of had seeds sent there on multiple occasions. Actually a lot of my gear from beans to ferts that wern't locally available to my 1000w with 4ft hood and ballast came to me in the mail, and that was years ago.

Nowdays I would never order a light to my place, but beans I'm still tempted to, just to ensure no tampering by the party potentially receiving them on my behalf.
As for ferts... find me a place locally where I can get biobizz gear and I won't use the net anymore.

Again its NOT smart and NOT adviseable. But I have yet to see detriment from it here in the states on my end at least. and this is so far, I suppose.

Between my fits of paranoia I subscribe to the 'thumbs up their asses' theory. That a few things in the mail are far two small to notice in the grand scheme of things. Sort of like small personal growers being not worth the time and money of gov't agencies. I'm fairly sure (though don't quote me on this), as long as you don't sign for it, or admit to anything, the worst that can happen is you get the infamous green letter from customs informing you to go pick up your withheld goods, which you don't do, so they destroy it. end of story. as far as I think I know. again I'm likely wrong.

However if you do sign or do admit to having something shipped to you or they come to your door and you don't know your rights and how to assert them then there could forseeably be an issue.

It is a fact that people have been busted after ordering gear off the net of any kind, and this fact certainly causes me to second guess myself often. So far though, so good... knock on wood.

U

ukcheesehead

how safe is ordering seeds over the internet -
you see the only address i can get seeds posted is to my house - which obviously i grow in - which my common sense tells me is fekkin' dumb

soo whats the safest way for me to buy seeds?
over the counter or a site like this?

how far is this place away for you ?

B

BuddKlott

not too far away at all matey, just a few junctions down the M4 and around the M25 abit

Looks like they got loads of selection & I've got a mate in N7, so kill two birds and all that...

have you used them, are they any good?

U

ukcheesehead

not too far away at all matey, just a few junctions down the M4 and around the M25 abit

Looks like they got loads of selection & I've got a mate in N7, so kill two birds and all that...

have you used them, are they any good?

i havnt no but they have been going for years .. i think solidpc placed a order there

Top Bottom