Seedling are Dying on me Fast

• Thread starter Miguelcraigo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blastfact

Blastfact

I'm pretty new to this, but Gaia 4-4-4 is one of the variables of my current grow. It slowed down quite a lot, and leaf problems once I transferred the plant to coco+perlite+gaia444+RAW microbes. I've had another problem similar to yours back in April, but I can't remember if I was using Gaia 4-4-4 for that one.​
This is my current seedling. It's 10 days old and it's an auto. Notice the little "spines" on the tips and some yellowing! Not sure what happened there. Might have been the Gaia, genetics or the fact those "spines" kind stuck to themselves for a couple of days. Very weird. I makes me thing Gaia is a bit hot, or maybe I should just use it without any microbes to help break it down. I got some burns and necrotic tissue on another plant I added Gaia + Microbes very recently. But might have been just overwatering, although that plant didn't respond that way with same volume of water before the amendment.​
I have moved it into this final pot now, made a hole with just coco/perlite so it doesn't touch the amended soil and EWC on top. I'm also germinating another seed and will just do coco. Should have answers in the next couple of days.​
You could try starting some of them free of nutrients next time as insurance. And please let me know what happens! Cheers.​

View attachment 1321649

The other plant in case you're curious like me.

View attachment 1321650
If your to hot with Gaia or any other nutrient concerning basic NPK the leaves of the plant will start turning dark green. I had one grow with Gaia, EWC, Recharge in Ocean Forrest do that to me. I was stoned looking at the plants and they were getting darker as I set there. I was stunned. The leaves turned so dark green they were almost black. I got my head pulled out of the stoner cloud I was in and took the plants straight outside and emergency flushed them with the garden hose. Within a few hours the almost black leaves started lighting up and there was no permeant damage. But this left me in a pickel I had just flushed all the nutrients out big time. The run off sure did make the damn grass grow. Which is counter productive for me because I hate yard work and have been known to scalp a yard or use weed killer on the whole thing. I like brown grass over green grass. I hate yard work so bad if dad went and bought a brand new mower and he told me to mow the yard I would go and put dirt in the crankcase and blow the damn mower up. I would rather take a whipping than mow the bleep, bleep yard. So with nutrient gone I had to get food back to them. Well any of the dry nutrients like Gaia and a few others take 10 to 14 days to activate and get in the game. They are not instant nutes like many bottle nutes. So I had to go into mad scientist mode and reseed the gaia green in the soil and use some bottle nutes I had to nurse the plants a long to keep them fed until the gaia turned on.

z0so1337

z0so1337

If your to hot with Gaia or any other nutrient concerning basic NPK the leaves of the plant will start turning dark green. I had one grow with Gaia, EWC, Recharge in Ocean Forrest do that to me. I was stoned looking at the plants and they were getting darker as I set there. I was stunned. The leaves turned so dark green they were almost black. I got my head pulled out of the stoner cloud I was in and took the plants straight outside and emergency flushed them with the garden hose. Within a few hours the almost black leaves started lighting up and there was no permeant damage. But this left me in a pickel I had just flushed all the nutrients out big time. The run off sure did make the damn grass grow. Which is counter productive for me because I hate yard work and have been known to scalp a yard or use weed killer on the whole thing. I like brown grass over green grass. I hate yard work so bad if dad went and bought a brand new mower and he told me to mow the yard I would go and put dirt in the crankcase and blow the damn mower up. I would rather take a whipping than mow the bleep, bleep yard. So with nutrient gone I had to get food back to them. Well any of the dry nutrients like Gaia and a few others take 10 to 14 days to activate and get in the game. They are not instant nutes like many bottle nutes. So I had to go into mad scientist mode and reseed the gaia green in the soil and use some bottle nutes I had to nurse the plants a long to keep them fed until the gaia turned on.
You're right about the time for breaking down organic matter, that's why I amended the soil as I up-potted the plant, so the nutrients would be available over time! I think somehow the fungus broke it down a little too fast. Or maybe I should've waited longer. The other plant had straight up fungus showing up after a couple of days so I know they were working it, and the leaf turned out like that. I'll start a test tonight with coco, coco+gaia+microbes and coco+microbes only.

I just wanted to point that out with Gaia. I'm very inexperienced. Cheers!

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
It's hard to over water using a spray bottle.

Top Bottom