seedling growth

• Thread starter Beeronymous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Beeronymous

i planted two seeds last thursday and already they're both about 3 inches tall.is this normal? theyre dark green(healthy looking) and have the serrated leaves already

J

jdubz206

that sounds like some good vigor...good luck w/your grow :smiley_joint:

B

Beeronymous

what exactly is stretching? not the cause of so much as what the term means. just growing faster than normal im guessing

W

wellmedicated

Stretching I would guess is your plants reaching for the light to fast and growing weak.

D

Dublo

Hello, Good Day...

Quest.: How close do you have your light, and What kinda light are you Using? :)

I can help answer your question but, i need a little more info... Hope you don't mind me asking, I have been sprouting seeds for about 7 months srtaight now and growing out the seedlings with success lately.. I am more used to Clones and stuff like that, but just in the last 2-4 years I have been really inspired to look through different varieties of beans and trying to get better at looking for winner's in packs of beans and in Landraces... Have been picking up the pace on all this just recently like I said like 7months (maybe more) and it has been fun, I love the Vigor and Stockyness of seedlings man, and they are so fun to watch grow... Love them 'lil things.... Peace and Harmony... Dub-Down-Low...

D

dooobster

Sounds to me like you're either using the wrong type of light, have it too far away, or a combination of both. These are generally the only reasons the stem would grow so long in such a short time. If you try growing under regular incandescent light bulbs (which are the wrong type), the stems will stretch right out like that. Also, if you have proper lights but you have it too far from the tops of the plants, stretching will occur then, too.

Try to keep the lights as close to the top of the plants as you can without burning them.
If you place your hand between the lights and the top of the plant and it gets hot, it's too close. If you can keep your hand there for a long period of time with no discomfort, then your plants won't feel discomfort, either. :)

A

ask420

I agree with the previous posters it the cause for them stretching could be from the wrong type of light or just not enough light.....being that the one you have is too far from your plants.

B

Beeronymous

well,they were put in the dirt on the 19th of this month and one is just under the 4 inch mark so im not too worried

Top Bottom