Seedling help, please 🙏🙏🙏

• Thread starter Ffwp710
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ffwp710

Ffwp710

I didn’t know to do that. How should I? All coco needs to be washed? What about soil? I got roots organic today to try some seeds in also.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey ffwp , might have to raise your lights up a bit , radiant heat can be stressing them , also , might want to consider transplant into another medium if the continue to go downhill , be a shame to lose a dozen seedlings , i dont grow coco , but it could be an issue for you because of extreme wet / dry cycle , or the rinse issue.....

Actually they dont look bad , whats your concern ?

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

I didn’t know to do that. How should I? All coco needs to be washed? What about soil? I got roots organic today to try some seeds in also.

patience man, peeps will help ya!!

but yes all coco needs to be rinsed very well. coconut husk comes from sri lanka and since that country does not have a fresh water source all the coco is rinsed in salt water.

I'm not a coco grower so maybe somebody else can tell you how they rinse theirs. i believe most folks use a ppm meter to make sure it's clean.

they didn't look burnt or dry or too wet but something looked off and i bet it is sodium...

edit>> and no soil never needs to be rinsed in fact you want to keep all the food in the soil and not wash it away. if you're delicate you can transplant them... wash the coco mix off the roots with water... use a bucket and carefully move it around and let the water separate roots not your hand. then set them in moist soil and water in good once set in place.

Ffwp710

Ffwp710

Hey ffwp , might have to raise your lights up a bit , radiant heat can be stressing them , also , might want to consider transplant into another medium if the continue to go downhill , be a shame to lose a dozen seedlings , i dont grow coco , but it could be an issue for you because of extreme wet / dry cycle , or the rinse issue.....

Actually they dont look bad , whats your concern ?
Do you think I should raise higher?

1E541DF0 2C6C 4067 9E50 257D12AD51FD
Ffwp710

Ffwp710

patience man, peeps will help ya!!

but yes all coco needs to be rinsed very well. coconut husk comes from sri lanka and since that country does not have a fresh water source all the coco is rinsed in salt water.

I'm not a coco grower so maybe somebody else can tell you how they rinse theirs. i believe most folks use a ppm meter to make sure it's clean.

they didn't look burnt or dry or too wet but something looked off and i bet it is sodium...
Do you think using h&g drip clean would help?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Does it feel warm when you put the back of your hand underneath the light ?
I would def raise light 10 inches as a first step

dire wolf

dire wolf

Also , get that fan off of them , can be another important clue to this mystery
Also , i would get a hand mister and mist the coco or medium increasing the humidity in the cup area

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

Do you think using h&g drip clean would help?

not sure what that is but you can just use good ol clean water (not city water) to rinse the salt away... flush em real good a few times and then go back to your food rate right away. and make sure you ph is set!!

Ffwp710

Ffwp710

not sure what that is but you can just use good ol clean water (not city water) to rinse the salt away... flush em real good a few times and then go back to your food rate right away. and make sure you ph is set!!
Flush with seedlings in it? Won’t it drown them? Should I add drip clean?

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

don't let the water sit in the cup... i'm sure you have holes in the bottom right? well take a cup over to your sink and let the water run through the cup for a few minutes...
put em back on your tray and feed em....

dire wolf

dire wolf

If it coco , it shouldnt drown them , bud ive never done that so proceed with caution , try with one now ....

Ffwp710

Ffwp710

don't let the water sit in the cup... i'm sure you have holes in the bottom right? well take a cup over to your sink and let the water run through the cup for a few minutes...
put em back on your try and feed em....
Feed once dry? Or as soon as I’m done flushing them. I’m using distilled water.

Top Bottom