Seedling Help!!!!

• Thread starter 420.hydro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420.hydro

420.hydro

Hi everyone!! Hope you guys (&/or ladies) can help...
I have a seedling in a peat moss starter...can I put that in my coconut pith fiber and clay pellet fiber pot set up or do i need to separate her from it somehow? (I was mislead by someone who insisted the seed starters were coco fiber but in reality they're peat moss...)

Enforcer

Enforcer

Hi everyone!! Hope you guys (&/or ladies) can help...
I have a seedling in a peat moss starter...can I put that in my coconut pith fiber and clay pellet fiber pot set up or do i need to separate her from it somehow? (I was mislead by someone who insisted the seed starters were coco fiber but in reality they're peat moss...)
No need to remove it from the peat puck. Just up pot into coco when you see roots and begin daily irrigations.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
...As was mentioned above. Just take the whole thing and plant it all. In reality, coco fibers, peat moss...its just a structure that roots can use to grow. They are mostly inert and provide the right amount of water and air circulation. Soil-less stuff is a midway between dirt and straight coco or fiber. Most of the difference comes in the nutrients provided to the plants, not necessarily the substrate being used to grow them in.

420.hydro

420.hydro

kinda hoping it was ok...was worried about any decomposing of the peat interacting with coco...thanks all!!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
kinda hoping it was ok...was worried about any decomposing of the peat interacting with coco...thanks all!!
That's the idea behind using them...they decompose into a good root scaffold and avoid any damage from transplanting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom