Seedling in coco -> MPB's the best way

• Thread starter Desertboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desertboy

Desertboy

I've just started some Chronic for my propossed MPB grow in coco. They're only a few days old so I have a little time yet but these are destined for my MPB's so what's the best way.

1. Keep them in coco, pot them into 10ltr bucket with 4-6 inch of hydroton in the bottom and holes drilled out ready for the MPB, handwatered until I'm ready to build the MPB's about a month. Then just put them into the MPB and add drippers, veg up for another 2-3 weeks until large enough and then flower? (My favourite option just worried about nutrients do I feed it coco nutes, hydro nutes, both, coco first and then hydro once in the dwc, or buy a multi functional nute I can use in either?)

2. Grow the seedlings up, take clones and use the clones in rockwool cubes/coco cubes or straight DWC.

3. Let root out 2 inch pot and grow up healthy then pot into the 10ltr bucket full to the top with pebbles and dripper from day 1 (PITA as I don't really want to set the recirc up twice and I'm moving the plants in 4 weeks or so which is where the MPB's will be built and ran.)

4. Let root out 2 inch pot and grow up healthy then wash the coco away and put into dwc (My least favourite option)

L

Lost

For # 1 you going to need a cocopot to keep the coco from draining into the bucket from the top feed. Coco is hydro :)

Desertboy

Desertboy

For # 1 you going to need a cocopot to keep the coco from draining into the bucket from the top feed. Coco is hydro :)

I was thinking of 1/2 inch layer of perlite on top of the hydroton but under the coco, I was hopinh that would stop any coco falling through whilst letting the plant do it's thing.

I know Coco is hydro it's with dual nutes I'm unsure which way forward. Still being fed, ph 5.5 water and weak rhizo mix only a week old or so.

L

Lost

Not gun work!

Even with my coco pot liners im getting fall thru. I might have to double up on the cocopots, to keep the coco out.. :)

Desertboy

Desertboy

Not gun work!

Even with my coco pot liners im getting fall thru. I might have to double up on the cocopots, to keep the coco out.. :)

I want to keep them coco for at least 3-4 weeks before I move them on and build the mpb's. The biggest coco pots I can get easily are 8cm which seems a little small to keep them in. Maybe a layer of rockwool? to separate the coco from the dwc or can roots grow through capillary matting?

L

Lost

Sunleaves makes a 8 inch one.:) Fits in a 10 inch netpot pretty well if you cover the bottom in hydroton. I thought one coco liner was going to be enough. Im hopng it only lasts a week or 2 and stops.

B

billybadazz

I would go with option #2 grow out seeds clone into rockwool (seems easiest) IMO

Latest posts

Top Bottom