SEEDLING INTO WEEK 1 of VEG

• Thread starter Waldydogg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
many pages on this around the forum...

many here will say it pops its head out and its vegging.

technically, it is a seedling till it produces leaves with the right number of lobes. till that point its focus is on root development.

except for just using the word, is there a reason you ask? like feeding, or light needs? easier to answer than what do ppl call things!

XxHammer

XxHammer

I consider it a Seedling until I transplant it into its next home.

In the case of my current grow, this means 18 days of being a Seedling.

Now my ladies are on Day 2-3 of Veg
Veg2b

Madmax

Madmax

Sure its a seedling... but a seedling is vegging from the start yeah..what happens if you dont transplant...is it still a seedling?.common sense is to count veg from day one .

Waldydogg

Waldydogg

Sure its a seedling... but a seedling is vegging from the start yeah..what happens if you dont transplant...is it still a seedling?.common sense is to count veg from day one .
Common sense is not to be a DICK!! I was asking for peoples opinions!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
so, here we go again... what is the purpose behind the question? just a word usage issue? or do you have a problem that can be solved by this knowledge? can i suggest you search, there are pages and pages of people opining on this subject. the thread has been started no less than 20 times.

growsince79

growsince79

so, here we go again... what is the purpose behind the question? just a word usage issue? or do you have a problem that can be solved by this knowledge? can i suggest you search, there are pages and pages of people opining on this subject. the thread has been started no less than 20 times.
The purpose is people don't want you to know how old their plants are. They want to veg a plant 6 weeks and tell you how thay are killing it after just a 2 week veg. Another couple weeks I can start veg. LMFAO

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Cannabis seedlings get all their nutrients from their seed, and absorb water through their leaves as their root system develops

You won’t need to start feeding your seedlings until they’re about 3–4 weeks old

others might say differently, a bit sooner maybe, but they will chime in.

growsince79

growsince79

Cannabis seedlings get all their nutrients from their seed, and absorb water through their leaves as their root system develops

You won’t need to start feeding your seedlings until they’re about 3–4 weeks old

others might say differently, a bit sooner maybe, but they will chime in.
Seedlings need food starting day 1 imo. If your in good soil (ffof, cocoloco etc.) they get enough from the soil for several weeks after transplant. In soilless mix and hydro they need nutes right away.

growsince79

growsince79

26 days old so far. In another week or two they might have the right number of blades and I can start vegging. LOL

707finisher

707finisher

I direct seed into dirt(25%#3perlite75%ffof). I keep them warm, in a dry and darkish (out of direct light, makes it easier to regulate moisture) place (my laundry Room) and only water the soil immediately around the seed (TBS or so) with a spray bottle every day or so as needed, I wait till the soils a little dry on top but I can see moisture visibly in the recesses. As soon as the dirt starts moving from germination you have got it going On! I water about a cup(4” square nursery pots) with a little superthrive and it’s into veg, watch the water!! Less is more. But you want that little thing to get used to the light fast, and not stretch to much, it takes longer for bigger plants to get used to greater light intensity in my opinion. And the trunk overall will be thicker faster with the greater light intensity, stronger plants. Just messing with cfl led and hps and moving stuff around. Bla bla im done rambling. Everyone’s got an opinion :)

Bbonez

Bbonez

I put these guys in straight coco last Sunday night. Just sprayed them with the spray bottle the 1st week. For some reason one of them only grew a leaf on one side.

Week 2 of veg starts today, lol...

20210418 110236

Top Bottom