Seedling leaf discoloration help please

• Thread starter Komonsense
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Komonsense

Does anyone know what might be causing this discoloration almost like small yellow spots on my seedling.She’s 11 days old grown in a mix of 4 parts coco 1 part EWC and 1 part pearlite. 444 down to earth nutes and Dolomite lime. Using RO water without changing ph the ph reads about 6.2-6.3. Temp is 73 degrees humidity 40-60% light: viparspectra xs2000 dimmed to 50% 30 inches from plant. I only water when dry I have only watered once about 3 days ago. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

2Bad

2Bad

Literally all of my seedlings have always looked like that. They grow out of it. Maybe its a coco thing(i only do coco) . Just make sure you're watering before coco dries like in the pictures.

K

Komonsense

Literally all of my seedlings have always looked like that. They grow out of it. Maybe its a coco thing(i only do coco) . Just make sure you're watering before coco dries like in the pictures.
So it’s just the very top of the coco that’s drying I have some fans going and they seem to dry out the top layer pretty quickly but right underneath it’s wet still should I be keeping the top moist with a spray bottle ? Also thank you for your info it’s my first time trying coco so always nice to hear from someone who has experience with it.

2Bad

2Bad

Cannabis in coco loves to have a wet soil . My advice is water 1 time a day no matter what it looks like. If your up to it 2 times a day is even better. More is always better most of the coco growers just automate

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

View attachment 1219789View attachment 1219789Does anyone know what might be causing this discoloration almost like small yellow spots on my seedling.She’s 11 days old grown in a mix of 4 parts coco 1 part EWC and 1 part pearlite. 444 down to earth nutes and Dolomite lime. Using RO water without changing ph the ph reads about 6.2-6.3. Temp is 73 degrees humidity 40-60% light: viparspectra xs2000 dimmed to 50% 30 inches from plant. I only water when dry I have only watered once about 3 days ago. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!
In coco I like to use cal/mag at first. Did you buffer you coco before using?

K

Komonsense

Cannabis in coco loves to have a wet soil . My advice is water 1 time a day no matter what it looks like. If your up to it 2 times a day is even better. More is always better most of the coco growers just automate
Even if I’m using dry amendments and what not ? I’m not watering to runoff either I need to keep everything in the medium without flushing any of it out so my microbial system can thrive and break down the fertilizer

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I'm about 3 weeks ahead of you in 50/50 coco/perl. Experienced same thing and don't sweat it. This pic was day 9/10ish and I can see I had same small discoloration. They definitely don't "need" any added nutes right now and be careful if are. As long as you have really good drainage then it is hard to over-water even the seedlings in coco imo.

Day 9
Day 10
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Even if I’m using dry amendments and what not ? I’m not watering to runoff either I need to keep everything in the medium without flushing any of it out so my microbial system can thrive and break down the fertilizer
eventually you have to imo. The plant will be larger than the pot in probably just over 2 weeks. At that point you'd expect the roots are that large or larger so could easily be to the bottom and the walls already. What size do you plan to transplant to?

K

Komonsense

I'm about 3 weeks ahead of you in 50/50 coco/perl. Experienced same thing and don't sweat it. This pic was day 9/10ish and I can see I had same small discoloration. They definitely don't "need" any added nutes right now and be careful if are. As long as you have really good drainage then it is hard to over-water even the seedlings in coco imo.
Thanks for the info ! Are you using EWC or dry amendments ? Or are you nuting your water ?

K

Komonsense

eventually you have to imo. The plant will be larger than the pot in probably just over 2 weeks. At that point you'd expect the roots are that large or larger so could easily be to the bottom and the walls already. What size do you plan to transplant to?
2 gal pots, and then up to 5. I was assuming I would have to water everyday at least once they grow and really take off but for now I was kindve just watering when dry to let the roots search for water a bit

2Bad

2Bad

Oh yea with dry amendments im not an expert but if you have more then 1 plant I would water one everyday and one like youre doing now and see which one grows better/faster. Totally up to you though.

K

Komonsense

Oh yea with dry amendments im not an expert but if you have more then 1 plant I would water one everyday and one like youre doing now and see which one grows better/faster. Totally up to you though.
So my first seedling died due to damping off which is why I watered less for this one but you have 50/50 perlite I’m only about 25 percent pearlite so that might have contributed. What strain you growing ?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Thanks for the info ! Are you using EWC or dry amendments ? Or are you nuting your water ?
frikkin hand feeding daily with nutes in 3g fabric final pots. Actually skipping today but otherwise 1L per plant, 4ml AN(micro, grow, bloom) 1ml cal-mag, 1ml Dr. Willards Water. When fed daily I get about 1 cup of run-off. I'm sure you are good on the watering and the roots searching for water is good as long as they find it.

K

Komonsense

frikkin hand feeding daily with nutes in 3g fabric final pots. Actually skipping today but otherwise 1L per plant, 4ml AN(micro, grow, bloom) 1ml cal-mag, 1ml Dr. Willards Water. When fed daily I get about 1 cup of run-off. I'm sure you are good on the watering and the roots searching for water is good as long as they find it.
You doing autos ? And yeh I can’t do any runoff or I’ll loose my dry amendments.

2Bad

2Bad

So my first seedling died due to damping off which is why I watered less for this one but you have 50/50 perlite I’m only about 25 percent pearlite so that might have contributed. What strain you growing ?
Do you have drain holes? even if you cant get runoff you should still have drain holes. Just water less the next time. Im going to leave you to it though mane hope you the best!

K

Komonsense

Do you have drain holes? even if you cant get runoff you should still have drain holes. Just water less the next time. Im going to leave you to it though mane hope you the best!
Yes I have drain holes. Thanks for the info man best wishes to your grow !

Top Bottom