Seedling looks weird and hasn't grown in a few days

• Thread starter Speedyslug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Speedyslug

Speedyslug

I planted two superskunk autos and spray around them twice a day to keep the soil moist but not drown them one is looking great and growing by the day but this one has a weird brown thing on one of the cotyledons and is a bit lopsided is it dead or is it just slower than the other one?

Seedling looks weird and hasnt grown in a few days
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Welcome to the wonderful world of autos.. It will prolly die, smae thing happend to one of my GSC X cheese autos.. i chalk it up to shitty fuckin autos.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Is it just part of the seed embryo? Drip a few drops of water on it to soften it and it should come off with little effort. Be gentle and supportive.

Or just wait and it will likely come off cause of the water softening.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter

Welcome to the farm, glad to have you here man. Youve gotten a good answer, keep her slow and steady and let her roll.
You got it.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yep G'day Cobba welcome to the farm enjoy the site regards OD.

Speedyslug

Speedyslug

Hey y'all so it's been a few weeks and she is growing just weird the first set of three fingers are a bit round and the stem is super short it's producing five fingers now which are also looking weird my other plant is getting big and is very healthy but this one is just weird check it out lmk what you think

IMG 20200726 145300
growsince79

growsince79

Hey y'all so it's been a few weeks and she is growing just weird the first set of three fingers are a bit round and the stem is super short it's producing five fingers now which are also looking weird my other plant is getting big and is very healthy but this one is just weird check it out lmk what you think
How much and often do you feed and water? What light and how high? Never saw anything grow that slow before. Hope you get her back on track.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I planted two superskunk autos and spray around them twice a day to keep the soil moist but not drown them one is looking great and growing by the day but this one has a weird brown thing on one of the cotyledons and is a bit lopsided is it dead or is it just slower than the other one?
It's not true that you should start Autos in their final pot that's just more hippie myth start them in small pots which are much easier to keep watered properly and then when they've grown a bit put them into the bigger pots

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It's not true that you should start Autos in their final pot that's just more hippie myth start them in small pots which are much easier to keep watered properly and then when they've grown a bit put them into the bigger pots

I would start autos in a cup too. I did it in 5 gallon pots for my first grow and caused major deficiencies over watering.

Stress free transplanting is as important a skill as proper watering in my opinion.

I have done a lot of transplants now and see new growth within hours in the new pots.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Agree with everyone definitely over watered. Possibly to much light also.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That plant

hasn't used any nutes yet. The hf should be enough for months if you get it growing.

Months? Not in my experience. 3-4 weeks max for a young fast growing plant in a big pot. I found i needed to up pot every 2 weeks from cup to 1 gallon to 3 or i would see some deficiencies.

Ocean forest lasts a week or two longer.

growsince79

growsince79

Months? Not in my experience. 3-4 weeks max for a young fast growing plant in a big pot. I found i needed to up pot every 2 weeks from cup to 1 gallon to 3 or i would see some deficiencies.

Ocean forest lasts a week or two longer.
The plant is in 5 gal and autoflower several weeks old probably wont make 1/4oz if it lives. I've never used hf or of, so I may be wrong, but I know I can go 5-6 weeks (cocoloco) in 3gal up potting twice fast growing plants without feeding. My friends tell me HF and OF are are similarly loaded with nutes.

Top Bottom