Seedling Question

• Thread starter Enforcer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Enforcer

Enforcer

I have 5 White Widow seedling started on 9/22, and planted into the solo cups on 9/23. The first three broke ground on 9/25 with the last two a few days later (might not run those ones). Phenos # 1 & 2 look great, 4&5 are slow growers, but what is up with #3? She come out of the coco and unfurled what looks like nute burned leaves. They are in raw coco and perlite. All of them have been getting sensi grow a&b at 1 ml per letter. Feeding twice a day with runoff. None of the other plants are showing any issues. They are sitting under a 4 bulb T-5's light. I have only had 2 of the bulbs on for the last week. 18-6 light cycle.

What do you guys think?

Seedling question
Seedling question 2
Seedling question 3
Seedling question 4
Seedling question 5
Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

might be water splash,water edges of the cup and not around stem to they get bigger

Enforcer

Enforcer

might be water splash,water edges of the cup and not around stem to they get bigger
It's possible, I hadn't thought of that. I do water with a 100ml syringe attached to a tube. I usually water the perimeter, but something may have gotten on there. Thanks.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Also, when do you guys think would be a good time to put them under a 400w MH light?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Also, when do you guys think would be a good time to put them under a 400w MH light?
if you have a adjustable ballast,drop to 50% and put them in,,thats how i do it,when they get a full set of leaves bring it up to 75%,after they get 2 knodes ,full power

Enforcer

Enforcer

if you have a adjustable ballast,drop to 50% and put them in,,thats how i do it,when they get a full set of leaves bring it up to 75%,after they get 2 knodes ,full power
Thanks. I have the ability to dim down to 250w, and "overcharge" above 400w, whatever wattage that is.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks. I have the ability to dim down to 250w, and "overcharge" above 400w, whatever wattage that is.
just watch your heigth,use back of hand for heat trick,i keep mine at 400 above my plants right about 18 inches

Enforcer

Enforcer

Yeah, my last run I tried to walk that line between optimum height and burning my plants. Measured daily, used the "hand" test, and even bought a Lux meter to find the sweet spot. Ended up with miniatureized new growth and a whole run full of problems. Not this time. That light is staying at least 2 feet above the plants.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yeah, my last run I tried to walk that line between optimum height and burning my plants. Measured daily, used the "hand" test, and even bought a Lux meter to find the sweet spot. Ended up with miniatureized new growth and a whole run full of problems. Not this time. That light is staying at least 2 feet above the plants.
tie a string off hanging from light,put a washer on end,when you find the sweet spot,all you got to do is keep the washer on the canopy,easy,in flower the first 2 weeks stretch and after that ,your not moving it no more

Enforcer

Enforcer

tie a string off hanging from light,put a washer on end,when you find the sweet spot,all you got to do is keep the washer on the canopy,easy,in flower the first 2 weeks stretch and after that ,your not moving it no more
Great advice! I did have the probe for my hygrometer attached to the light and hanging at exactly 18". This is what I ended up with. There is a lot going on here, but it started with miniaturized new growth from the light being too close.

IMG 1285
IMG 1286
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Great advice! I did have the probe for my hygrometer attached to the light and hanging at exactly 18". This is what I ended up with. There is a lot going on here, but it started with miniaturized new growth from the light being too close.
think you might have a bit to much nitrogen going in other than that white hairs looking good,that claw and dark dark green leaves is to much nitrogen,back off on it and boast up your p and k,in flower there hogs for it

Enforcer

Enforcer

These were from my last run. I got 3oz of hay. Well, at least that's what it smelled like. Smoked smooth though. High was meh. Here's what I think happened. Light too close causing miniature growth and heat stress. I was also in a blended soil-less coco mix, with its own nutes, and watered it like raw coco. With an ec that was high, even though I had cut the manufacturer recommendation in half. End result was nitrogen toxicity. Learned a lot though.

Top Bottom