seedling stretching? should i transplant

• Thread starter dean1963
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dean1963

9 days from sprout in generic potting soil that's 30% peat moss. using mars ts3000 full spectrum at lowest setting.
their getting 5-5500 lux.
i've already added about 3/4" of soil around the stem and still 2 3/4" high.
should i put them in 1 gal pots already? seems early to do that to me.
some pics of it and 1 pic to encourage it on.

Seedling stretching should i transplant
Seedling stretching should i transplant 2
Seedling stretching should i transplant 3
Seedling stretching should i transplant 4
2Bad

2Bad

So looking good dont sweat it doesn't look stretched anymore at least. And dont transplant until the roots are really filled in. Do you have it in another colored cup ? Is clear cups normal/fine to use in growing? i've never known

D

dean1963

So looking good dont sweat it doesn't look stretched anymore at least. And dont transplant until the roots are really filled in. Do you have it in another colored cup ? Is clear cups normal/fine to use in growing? i've never known
i have them inside a dark cup so the lights don't hit the roots.

D

dean1963

while i'm here, this girl isn't looking to happy.
same light,soil,temp,humidity and same batch of seeds.
why would this 1 be so slow and not a happy girl?
it's only 1 1/2" tall

20220627 154109
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Man I’m not too sure on that soil but hopefully a soil grower will stop by and make sure I’m giving good advice.

If this were fox farm or something like that it’s a lot more fine. It almost looks like pieces of bark there on top. If it were a more fine soil you can actually pile a little more around the stem to suppose it and that area will grow roots too.

If this plant were handed to me I would gently switch it to FFOF. You see that all over the forum take a look at some of the other seedling pics around to see what I mean.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Man I’m not too sure on that soil but hopefully a soil grower will stop by and make sure I’m giving good advice.

If this were fox farm or something like that it’s a lot more fine. It almost looks like pieces of bark there on top. If it were a more fine soil you can actually pile a little more around the stem to suppose it and that area will grow roots too.

If this plant were handed to me I would gently switch it to FFOF. You see that all over the forum take a look at some of the other seedling pics around to see what I mean.
I was thinking the same. Looks like a cup of bark.

D

dean1963

i used FFOF last time but i didn't have it at this time. i have it now and was planning to use it the rest of the grow.
how would i go about swapping it?
should i transplant early into 1 gal pails?
i know this soil looks like crap but why only 1 out of 4 look like this.

D

dean1963

i'm more concerned about the colour of her to be honest.
i think it will survive, but something is wrong with her

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yeah, that soil is ridiculous. I'd transplant it into something more suitable as soon as possible.

Something to consider is that seedlings stretch like this only when they're not getting enough light.

D

dean1963

Yeah, that soil is ridiculous. I'd transplant it into something more suitable as soon as possible.

Something to consider is that seedlings stretch like this only when they're not getting enough light.
That was my first thought but I use tent buddy app and it reads 5-5500 lux.
I was under the impression this is a good app .
I'll go up to 7500 and see what happens

D

dean1963

i transplanted into FFOF and now we'll see what happens.
the other soil was pretty solid so broke some off.
hopefully they live,1 more live and learn thing. that makes probably 10 mistakes i've made and i'm just starting grow #2 lol

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

i transplanted into FFOF and now we'll see what happens.
the other soil was pretty solid so broke some off.
hopefully they live,1 more live and learn thing. that makes probably 10 mistakes i've made and i'm just starting grow #2 lol
You got about 1000 more mistakes yet to go to get caught up with me. We ALL go thru this man.

Top Bottom