Seedling with stunted growth? And setup help

• Thread starter KiwiGrowKid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KiwiGrowKid

Hey everyone.

I need some pointers on what to do with my setup. Iv got the basics down but, i feel like my seedlings are not responding the way they should be.

Currently im running x3 45watt 5500k CFL bulbs. And x1 28watt 5500k. U also have x4 25watt 4000k bulbs which are NOT in use? Or should they be?

Im now at day 6. On day 1 the seeds were already sprouted, and put in soil.

Its been a very long time since iv had a crack at growing dope, but i feel like these are a lot slower than the plants i used to grow. One of my previous grows consisted of only a single plant under a single 5500k Phillips 13watt CFL if i remember corrwctly, and that plant grew like it was on steroids, the only thing i added to the pre mixed pre fed soil it had, was a bit of old cow dung for the added nitrogen during veg, and that plant for some reason grew like something out of a movie. Along with every other plant iv grown. But my current seedlings have been slow. Or am i, just being to rushy? At what point do they usually start really taking off? If im correct all strains are Indica. The seedling in the pic attached is the one im most worried about. Also is x4 5500k bulbs even ok to grow? Overall there is 160watts of CFLs above the seedlings. My seedlings, arent overwatered, or underwatered, they have nutrients innthe soil but nothing to the point where it would could any lockout or burn. In theory the seedlings should be very happy. The only thing i dont have control of is moisture. Im not intirely sure how i can add moisture to the grow but, from general feel, it feels as though it may be slightly to dry the air qnyway. Im not sure if this could be causing this slow growth? Temps are under control. As you can see, the leafs arent really "awake" and upward, they look more sad in a way lol. When i switch the lights on, usually plants have got their leafs up like, essentially theyre awake you know, but mine are always down like its asleep or really down n out over something, then throughout the day the seeldings leafs slightly perk up then toward the end of the day they are back down again. I feel its not very happy but i cant figure out why. Everythings pretty good so i need some advice haha. Pics attached.

Also any tips for my grow setuo would be much appreciated. I do not have access to 6500k bulbs unless they are standard e27 screw type LED bulbs. Where i am 6500k CFL arent avaliabke only the regular LED bulb. but 5500k with all these larger photography style CFLs bulbs should be more than enough for veg. Should i switch one out for a 4000k? Just to add that extra spectrum of light? How can i add moisture to the grow room? Would leaving a bowl of water witg a fan blowing over it put any decent amount of mousture in the air as it evaporates slowly over the day or?

Seedling with stunted growth and setup help
Seedling with stunted growth and setup help 2
Seedling with stunted growth and setup help 3
K

KiwiGrowKid

Nope they look like there right on track it should take a little bit for them to start growing like crazy, need there roots established. Just be patient don’t over stress here’s a video of mine around the same stage. I posted thinking mine were tiny too
You grow tent/room/setup is definitaly better than the one i got going haha. Thanks fot thr responce though. Yeah im thinking it may take another week before i notice anything. Generally finding indica in NZ is difficult as most weed is sativa iv grown indicas before and noticed they are a bit slower at first than sativas. Maybe im just being impatient. Is there some way one can add moisture without buying any rediculous contraptions?

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

You grow tent/room/setup is definitaly better than the one i got going haha. Thanks fot thr responce though. Yeah im thinking it may take another week before i notice anything. Generally finding indica in NZ is difficult as most weed is sativa iv grown indicas before and noticed they are a bit slower at first than sativas. Maybe im just being impatient. Is there some way one can add moisture without buying any rediculous contraptions?
Yes sir you can put a pot of water in the grow room and it can help add moisture, ive heard people use wet cloths too. Sometimes I spray my walls with a spray bottle
If I need to get it up a little bit but it can have a negative effect if you do it too much. I’m growing a 85 percent indica(gorilla glue 4x white widow) so mines growing slow too I’m just as impatient as you! It’s very excited growing something by hand so I know the exact feeling. If you have a humility and tempure gage it can help with with keeping the right humidity.here how my guys are looking now and it’s only been about 7/8 days I planted them at a weird time

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Hey everyone.

I need some pointers on what to do with my setup. Iv got the basics down but, i feel like my seedlings are not responding the way they should be.

Currently im running x3 45watt 5500k CFL bulbs. And x1 28watt 5500k. U also have x4 25watt 4000k bulbs which are NOT in use? Or should they be?

Im now at day 6. On day 1 the seeds were already sprouted, and put in soil.

Its been a very long time since iv had a crack at growing dope, but i feel like these are a lot slower than the plants i used to grow. One of my previous grows consisted of only a single plant under a single 5500k Phillips 13watt CFL if i remember corrwctly, and that plant grew like it was on steroids, the only thing i added to the pre mixed pre fed soil it had, was a bit of old cow dung for the added nitrogen during veg, and that plant for some reason grew like something out of a movie. Along with every other plant iv grown. But my current seedlings have been slow. Or am i, just being to rushy? At what point do they usually start really taking off? If im correct all strains are Indica. The seedling in the pic attached is the one im most worried about. Also is x4 5500k bulbs even ok to grow? Overall there is 160watts of CFLs above the seedlings. My seedlings, arent overwatered, or underwatered, they have nutrients innthe soil but nothing to the point where it would could any lockout or burn. In theory the seedlings should be very happy. The only thing i dont have control of is moisture. Im not intirely sure how i can add moisture to the grow but, from general feel, it feels as though it may be slightly to dry the air qnyway. Im not sure if this could be causing this slow growth? Temps are under control. As you can see, the leafs arent really "awake" and upward, they look more sad in a way lol. When i switch the lights on, usually plants have got their leafs up like, essentially theyre awake you know, but mine are always down like its asleep or really down n out over something, then throughout the day the seeldings leafs slightly perk up then toward the end of the day they are back down again. I feel its not very happy but i cant figure out why. Everythings pretty good so i need some advice haha. Pics attached.

Also any tips for my grow setuo would be much appreciated. I do not have access to 6500k bulbs unless they are standard e27 screw type LED bulbs. Where i am 6500k CFL arent avaliabke only the regular LED bulb. but 5500k with all these larger photography style CFLs bulbs should be more than enough for veg. Should i switch one out for a 4000k? Just to add that extra spectrum of light? How can i add moisture to the grow room? Would leaving a bowl of water witg a fan blowing over it put any decent amount of mousture in the air as it evaporates slowly over the day or?

Those first 4-6 weeks before they really start to grow seem to take forever. Then waiting for flower to finish takes even longer. It's mind racking. I use to tell myself that if I got lucky I'll have some good smoke for Christmas. It never worked, I still worry and fret over them being stolen, being eaten by gophers or ground squirrels (I've experienced both) or dying all at once. It is what it is. At times we seem to be worse then new moms.

It's lookin' good.

K

KiwiGrowKid

Those first 4-6 weeks before they really start to grow seem to take forever. Then waiting for flower to finish takes even longer. It's mind racking. I use to tell myself that if I got lucky I'll have some good smoke for Christmas. It never worked, I still worry and fret over them being stolen, being eaten by gophers or ground squirrels (I've experienced both) or dying all at once. It is what it is. At times we seem to be worse then new moms.

It's lookin' good.
Not so much atm i discovered its highly overwatered i trabsplanted it to this pot once so dont wana trans again jus gunna have to leave it for a few days see what happens

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Not so much atm i discovered its highly overwatered i trabsplanted it to this pot once so dont wana trans again jus gunna have to leave it for a few days see what happens

See, we try to over mother them but at that age they can dry out fast and if you're working all day you can't be there to care for it... This coming Oct/Nov I'll be a frickin' WRECK! 😂

Erick31876

Erick31876

Your doinf fine, sometimesbthey start slow. I had a few start very slow. They grww the first leaves and stopped for a couple weeks before i saw anything else.

K

KiwiGrowKid

As yall can see i definately overwatered lol. But its slowly come right today and "she" (hopefully) grew a bit last nyt. This is a few days after the pictures in the OP.

Its very light green though the camera is deceptive i feel their may not be enough nitrogen in the soil or its just still young?

idk. Hows it looking though. bout day 7ish

Iv removed one of the 5500k and replaced with a 2700k LED as i suppose 3x 5500k 45watt bulbs is enough blue maybe a small amount of red light could only help it somewhat

USER SCOPED TEMP DATA MSGR PHOTO FOR UPLOAD 1558142374206 1558142381783
Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

As yall can see i definately overwatered lol. But its slowly come right today and "she" (hopefully) grew a bit last nyt. This is a few days after the pictures in the OP.

Its very light green though the camera is deceptive i feel their may not be enough nitrogen in the soil or its just still young?

idk. Hows it looking though. bout day 7ish

Iv removed one of the 5500k and replaced with a 2700k LED as i suppose 3x 5500k 45watt bulbs is enough blue maybe a small amount of red light could only help it somewhat
Looks pretty normal too me looked exactly like my day 7.

K

KiwiGrowKid

Just keeping this updated as someone may see something wrong that i dont lol. Not too confident in growing. However this is day 9, its slowly come better after the soil has had a couple days to dry out a little bit. Second set of leafs are starting to show some growth. How is it doing for day 9 people? Is it where it should be or should it have grown more by now? Seems healthy atm though.

Ina

Ina

Just keeping this updated as someone may see something wrong that i dont lol. Not too confident in growing. However this is day 9, its slowly come better after the soil has had a couple days to dry out a little bit. Second set of leafs are starting to show some growth. How is it doing for day 9 people? Is it where it should be or should it have grown more by now? Seems healthy atm though.
You don't have something added in the soil for aeration.The pot is really big for the seedling so you have to be careful how do you water it.Still seems a little overwatered to me.Like you noticed before.Once it gets bigger and fill that pot it will be easier,but now leave it dry more and longer,you could also dig the dirt a little on the top or/and drill holes on the sides of the pot for more air.Because, you know,if it looks wet on the top than imagine the lowest parts of the pot:)

Dan789

Dan789

I think you were good originally before up potting. One way to keep moisture on your seedlings is to use a plastic sandwich bag over the top of the cup, then occasionally spray a mist of water into the bag. I’d be very surprised if you found many roots growing out into the soil at this very early stage...

Dan789

Dan789

plants grow roots below the soil before they grow leaves above the soil, and this process can take several weeks or more, be careful not to over water
This grower has it right, and it’s something you’ll have to learn. PS don’t fuck with this seedling too much more or you’ll lose it. Keep the light weak, the soil kind of dry, not too wet, any moisture should be added sparingly around the edge of the cup, 10 -15 ml. or so, a plastic bag over the top if you can (it will help retain the moisture).

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

I’m
May I get a better pic of it,

K

KiwiGrowKid

Yes when i first transplanted it from a small pot to the big one i noticed there was A LOT of roots a lot more than i thought there would be for its age. I did have it in a smaller pot and another 1 in the big pot but the one in the big pot died so i transplanted this new one into it. It was originally in a smaller pot but the roots system was huge for only 3 days old. Was quite impressed actually by the share amount of growth the roots put out. Id wish i had put in a smaller pot but its probably too late now as the roots will be eveywhere id probably just end up breaking them all if i tried. Shes coming good though i just need to be carfull on the watering situation. Il get more pics today shes perked up quite a bit.
And also if i keep this updated and have a few random eyes of interest on the plants outcome, i might be able to fully grow it without pulling it xD

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Kiwi dude what are your temps? I think you should stop adding any water to it for a while. And 4 cfls over that tiny baby is not needed. If you unscrew 2 completely and switch 1 5500 with a 3000, its gonna feel much better and keep the temps around 25. Only water when the pot feels light. Not when it feels extremely light but significantly lighter compared to just after a watering.

Top Bottom