Seedlings are curling down (11 Days old)

• Thread starter DavyGreenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DavyGreenthumb

DavyGreenthumb

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seed ; Strain: Pink Lemonade
2. How old are your plants? 11 Days
3. How tall are your plants? 2.75 Inches
4. What size containers are they planted in? Solo cup
5. What is your soil mix? 30% Perlite , 20% Promix BX , 50% Happy Frog Potting Mix
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? I use tap water. Seedlings started Day 1 in moist soil watered with pH 6.5. After Day 5 watered with 200ml of pH 6.5. After Day 11 watered with 400ml of pH 6.5 with 0.5ml/L of fertilizer EC value of 0.5.
7. What is the pH of your water? 6.4 - 6.5 adjusted from 7.1-7.3 from the tap
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Advanced nutrients Sensi Grow - 3-0-0 ; 1-2-6
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No foliar spray
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") LED Grow light Oneo 1000W (I have 3 in a daisy chain but am only using one for now until these grow big enough, so would be combined total of 3000W when running full capacity)
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 22-24 Inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? Large room 10ft x 8ft x 6ft
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Daytime - 24-25 Degrees C 40-50% Rh ; Nighttime 21 Degrees C 40-50% Rh
14. What is the pH of the soil? Haven't checked pH of soil but feeding at 6.4-6.5 pH
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No insect activity
16. How much experience do you have growing? 1 Successful grow of OG Kush

Hello. I was wondering if someone could help me identify what is causing my plants to be curved down like this. Is it because of low humidity? We are experiencing winter right now and since my grow space is large the humidifier has trouble keeping up to where I want it to be. Any help would be appreciated.

Seedlings are curling down 11 days old
Seedlings are curling down 11 days old 2
Seedlings are curling down 11 days old 3
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

My guess is your mix is to hot, while it is entirely possible to transplant autos it is not recommended bc it shocks them, i allways sow my bean in the pot i intend to do the whole grow in, i find autos luv ffof + pearlite for airation and nitro, dont get discouraged but i would back off your light a tad, miricle grow is not only infused with food it contains sodium (salt) so everytime you water your feeding and it's to small to feed, i have grown in happy frog and found its a bit hot on certain strains of autos till they gain size, when you transplant be gentle, i have a few beans of that strain but have not got to them yet good luck.

mancorn

mancorn

Very well. What are my corrective actions? Do I wait it out and see if they can rebound?
Transplant them now (and don’t water or feed when you do). They’ll dry out soon enough. If left in the current cups they’ll languish for days on end. Then after a few days water around the outer edge of your new pot (or if it’s a big pot 3-4” from your main stalk) so your rots seek out the moisture.

Madbud

Madbud

If they are photoperiod i would just let them dry out unless you really want to transplant now. The clawing could be nitrogen but i know they’re overwatered, weigh a cup of fresh soil, 175-200 grams. That 400ml watering tripled the weight.

growsince79

growsince79

No way on earth they should hold 400g of water. Unless you don't have any holes in the bottom and zero perlite.

growsince79

growsince79

Very well. What are my corrective actions? Do I wait it out and see if they can rebound?
I'll bet the roots are barley out of the jiffy pots. I would repot into hf and 25% perlite. Water with plain tap water and start watering properly. Weigh the pot and don't water again until it loses 100g or so.

fou88

fou88

So maybe you already had trasplant. The diagnose is nitrogen toxicity, do you use a TDS before watering? In nitrogen toxicity I’ll water(ONLY PH WATER) once every two days and see how it respond. Also measure the runoff to see how feeding goes. Here is a ppm table for when you measure tds.
98945424 5262 44D0 9EA2 A3BD10EAE5ED

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

heres the soil growers line up;

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

any holes at the bottom? Looks like over watering but without info its hard to get a clear diog.........

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

wait.......you did this.........
Let them dry, no nutes, and poke holes in the bottom, 3-4 days between watering, light as Styrofoam then water till slight run off

Top Bottom