Seedlings in new setup looking a little off

• Thread starter BlackDahlia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

What's up guys,

So I've turned my vocal booth in my studio into a veg area, everything in the flower tent is looking incredible, its about 2.5x2.5. I've bought my first LED light, a maxsisun mf1000.

Not being familiar with LEDs i had it on 100% and moved it down to about 14 inches when i noticed they were stretching but i think that may have been too much for them, ive got some weird growth on a few of them, the bigger ones mostly.

They're in coast of maine starter mix, dechlorinated tap water at 6.5, temps 70-80 and humidity at about 45% (yes i know thats too low, but i dont think thats the cause.) The top middle and one directly to the left are the ones im questioning, the top left looks permanently overwatered/droopy almost like its not getting oxygen, but the drainage holes are decent size.

I started with just a spray bottle, then as they got a little older about a few days ago i saturated the cup because there are roots at bottoms of cups on all of them (healthy roots from what i can see), which made no difference other than perking them up for the day or two

Could this just have been from light intensity? I was thinking LEDs dont really get hot enough to burn like HID, so the light stress would show differently.

Seedlings in new setup looking a little off
BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

This is the main picture i wanted everyone to see, didn't post.

20220516 052233
BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

Never had issues with seedlings, the only factor thats changed is my light and its not in a tent anymore.

BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

Water the cups completely then gove a good wet dry cycle and vack the light off. If its a blurple use both red and blue
Yeah i mean thats usually the process, and no its full spectrum. Just never had seedlings look so sad and twisted lol. First time with LEDs. I also probably dont have the freshest air coming into my area but the other plants in the tent do fine. So idk

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah i mean thats usually the process, and no its full spectrum. Just never had seedlings look so sad and twisted lol. First time with LEDs. I also probably dont have the freshest air coming into my area but the other plants in the tent do fine. So idk
Shouldnā€™t be air issue at that stage. I think your just hitting to hard with light and im pretty sure they need a good soaking then let then dry until lightā€¦ prob 3-4 days depending on your temps and humidity

Heywood

Heywood

Yeah, that light full blast at 14" is way too much at this stage.
It's not so much a heat issue as it is the intensity.
If that light is dimmable, try like around 24" or higher at 40% - 50% power.
Give the plants a day or two and see if the leaves lift up towards the light at that point.

BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

Yeah, that light full blast at 14" is way too much at this stage.
It's not so much a heat issue as it is the intensity.
If that light is dimmable, try like around 24" or higher at 40% - 50% power.
Give the plants a day or two and see if the leaves lift up towards the light at that point.
Thats exactly where i put it. Idk why i thought it would be okay to set it up as intense as i did. We'll see how it looks when i get home! Im used to air cooled metal halides, where i HAVE to put them like 2-3 feet away for the first few weeks. I underestimated the LEDs

Heywood

Heywood

So BlackDahlia - you have 12 plants started... are they regular seeds or feminized?
You mention your vocal booth as your veg area... are you moving the plants outdoors for flowering?

What I am getting at is you may have more plants than you bargained for to go under that particular light if you are using it for flowering.
That is a small light pretty much designed for a 2' x 2' area.

BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

So BlackDahlia - you have 12 plants started... are they regular seeds or feminized?
You mention your vocal booth as your veg area... are you moving the plants outdoors for flowering?

What I am getting at is you may have more plants than you bargained for to go under that particular light if you are using it for flowering.
That is a small light pretty much designed for a 2' x 2' area.
No sir, everythings going in 3 gals, the photos and possibly a few of the autos will be moved to my flowering tent and the autos will remain in that space most likely, so at some point maybe half of those will be out. 3 of them are regular photoperiods as well. Trying to get a perpetual auto/photo grow going again. I do have another tent not being used but it needs new supports. As of now its this veg area and a 4x3 tent.

BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

They already look better. I figured that was the issue. And check out this wierd ass looking seedling, alternating nodes already. The big leaf and the little leaf are usually adjacent, but they're alternating here. Its healthy so im gonna let it go, XXX from Ethos šŸ˜¬

20220516 204251
20220516 204255
Top Bottom