Seedlings lime green and slow growth?

• Thread starter PLantAsEED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

Hello,

My plants appear to be turning line green and have their main stem seems yellowish white. I am growing with fox farms ocean forest and distilled water. Unsure about nutrients bc there is some on the soil. Was thinking about top dressing with dolomite lime. Thoughts?

Also theres one plant that only has one leaf in the second set, ever see this?

Seedlings lime green and slow growth
Seedlings lime green and slow growth 2
Seedlings lime green and slow growth 3
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Don't add Dolomite. I don't know about using distilled water but I know Fox Farm Forest likes a pH of 6.5, and distilled water has no measurable pH, so I'm not sure how that's going to work for you, but definitely don't add dolomite

Also that plant with the deformed top will grow eventually but will be way behind

PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

Don't add Dolomite. I don't know about using distilled water but I know Fox Farm Forest likes a pH of 6.5, and distilled water has no measurable pH, so I'm not sure how that's going to work for you, but definitely don't add dolomite

Also that plant with the deformed top will grow eventually but will be way behind
Thanks for the help. I will check and adjust ph to get to 6.5 for the next watering

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks for the help. I will check and adjust ph to get to 6.5 for the next watering
I really just wanted to tell you don't add the Dolemite because your pH will go through the roof in fresh ffof

I don't know about using distilled water because the pH cannot be accurately measured without very specific equipment, you'll get a reading but it's not correct. so I don't know how you adjust pH when using distilled water?

PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

Would tap water be better? When I ph the distilled water it says 5.5* roughly. Using distilled water as I thought the minerals from the well and the chemicals from the water softener would throw things off balance?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Would tap water be better? When I ph the distilled water it says 5.5* roughly. Using distilled water as I thought the minerals from the well and the chemicals from the water softener would throw things off balance?
I had the same question old-school raised above?? you check the ph and the PPM of your tap water and post the readings

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes. Do not use softened water. It is likely salt filtered and the salt replaces the minerals.

Best to mix down the pure well water with ro water until it reads 150 ppm.

Or add cal mag to the distilled or ro water to 150 ppm.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

that explains it,water softner is salt right,ive seen commercails of them but dont have a clue what they are,i wouldnt use that water either,hell i wouldnt use distilled water either,ro water from the machine i use is 175 for 5 gal ,ph is 7. and ppm is 25,after i add all my nutes it comes down to 6.5 and im running 750 on ppm using humbolt nutes,does your filter come straight from the well ? i have a filter coming from the well then inside the house,if you get water before you get to filter would be better than distilled,with distilled your looking at adding cal mag too,maybe that ok with you

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I had the same question old-school raised above?? you check the ph and the PPM of your tap water and post the readings
right ,water from well before it gets to softner would still be hard per say but better than distilled i would think,especailly if your on the right side of your aquifer as in down side of a volcano for example,not all those minerals coming from the ground are bad and most are in the nutrients you feed your plants from them bottles just saying,my water is real high in calcium and lime,so im on the bad side and i still use it in my gardens ,but for my indoor i mix half ro and half tap,that way i dont have to add cal and mag ,i dont get as much feed for the higher ppm but i only roll with the mix once then feed the next with diluted if you dig,skinning a cat per say hahahah,im not only lazy im a cheap bastard too,any addition of lime be outdoors or indoors wipes me out,i live on a damn rock,so the addition of lime is determined on what type soil you have,most will find there so is already alkaline and neutral,but have a problem and just add lime,dont quite work that way hahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

My runoff in ocean forest is always around 6.5.
not one time in all my years have i ever checked runoff in soil,coco i have and do,but not soil,im just not being convinced that soil being a filter will give you correct numbers of a runoff,especially if you feed teas,and dry meals,so dont know,now on other hand i check ph of every bag of soil i buy and every kind,fox is the only one i come in at 6.5 dead nut every time,that also why i dont add extra perlite,it made of all the right mixtures i think and have always done well without additions,now i do add em1 to my soil once a month for maintence,just like adding hydroguard for hydro,keep things in check if you dig,also when it comes to coco i dont check runoff on it much either,the whole idea is to wash out what you put in 20 to 30% runoff better wash them salts out or my shit dies ,i dont play with them much,i just plant another seed,since my operation i wish i had gone with coco this round instead of soil,it is killing my ass working these plants,coco i would have me a drain waste system set up,again im lazy hahahah

Top Bottom