Seedlings look sad and burned

• Thread starter PsilocybeJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PsilocybeJ

Dear

My plants look a bit droopy and the biggest leaves are curling. See photos.
They are in seedling soil. Temp is 24C or 76F. Humidity 50%. I overwatered them a bit but have now stopped doing that. They are 1m or 3.2feet under a 600W blurple Led at 80%.

Does anyone have some advice?

Thank you

Seedlings look sad and burned
Seedlings look sad and burned 2
Seedlings look sad and burned 3
Seedlings look sad and burned 4
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Well of course they're having problems, you're growing them on the surface of the sun!

Just kidding, but try to get some pictures in regular light or with a different setting so it doesn't look like Chernobyl. ;)

Also, more info, as much as you can tell us about your setup, methods, etc. , otherwise it's a guess around a few things that would cause this. You mentioned overwatering, and that could be it, but it's possible your light is still too strong/close at 80%, even at that distance, for the seedling stage. But it really could be a combination of overwatering and then the light issue. Unless there's something else going on that's out of range I would lower the light intensity, and yes, cut back on the watering, let things dry out in between waterings, water thoroughly but don't soak the cups.

Last edited:
P

PsilocybeJ

Thank you for your quick response. I transplanted them to bigger pots and took some pictures. I'll now let them dry out and turn down the light to 60%. Thank you! If anyone else has tips just let me know.

20230523 123521
20230523 123523
20230523 123526
20230523 123529
T

Tyrant

Thank you for your quick response. I transplanted them to bigger pots and took some pictures. I'll now let them dry out and turn down the light to 60%. Thank you! If anyone else has tips just let me

Ya they look Over watered to me. Bit you already know that

P

PsilocybeJ

Just wanted to let future problem havers know that depriving it a bit of water has rejuvenated the plant and is now growing healthy again. Thanks for the quick replies everybody.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Very good. It's hard for us to "deprive" our plants of water.......we're wired to "give, water, feed, more". We overfeed our pets thinking that food=love. It's just something to recognize and overcome. Of course plants need water, but roots also need oxygen. There's always another side of the coin. Plants need nutrients, but too much can cause buildup and toxicity. Balance, moderation, patience......

Tell us about your soil......and you've transplanted, how big are the pots you've transplanted in to?

Just a little funny around watering. My wife has wanted to learn more about what I do and grow some of her own plants. I've streesed the "don't overwater" thing. And it took a while. She would water, ask "how's that?". "Less". "Ok, how about now?", "no, wait longer", "ok now?", "no"......

P

PsilocybeJ

Very good. It's hard for us to "deprive" our plants of water.......we're wired to "give, water, feed, more". We overfeed our pets thinking that food=love. It's just something to recognize and overcome. Of course plants need water, but roots also need oxygen. There's always another side of the coin. Plants need nutrients, but too much can cause buildup and toxicity. Balance, moderation, patience......

Tell us about your soil......and you've transplanted, how big are the pots you've transplanted in to?

Just a little funny around watering. My wife has wanted to learn more about what I do and grow some of her own plants. I've streesed the "don't overwater" thing. And it took a while. She would water, ask "how's that?". "Less". "Ok, how about now?", "no, wait longer", "ok now?", "no"......
Thanks man. Love you're take. I totally feel that way! Just FYI soil is plagron batmix full organic, pots are four gallon aka 12 liters. Plants are doing great now. Sounds like you have a loving wife! Love this community. Big heart, J!

Top Bottom