seedlings not growing

• Thread starter drpressure600
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

drpressure600

hi, recently i got a problem in a small cupboard where i used to grow seedlings for the first few weeks, now when i put them in their like going into shock & just stop growing, it's 26 degrees in there & 60% m, but it's just not doing the job anymore, 40 seedlings are now in a state, i don't know weather it's the summer air or what, anybody any idea, this cause me alot of worry . .

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

re

is the cupboard painted white/covered with foil,if not, it could be the varnish reacting against the heat and giving off fumes that are poisoning your babies, it probly did not happen in the past because it takes a while for the reaction to take place and the chemicals to break down, hope this helps
regards
MG

D

drpressure600

Ok midnight

ok kid, the heat under a 200watt envirolite went to 32 degrees a couple of weeks back & could've burned d paint then, well, i've moved them to an other location, do you think that they are finished or they'll come good in their new place, or what will happen, they haven't grown in a week, ''stressed over this i am'' never had problems like it b 4, thanks kid . .

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

re

ok kid, the heat under a 200watt envirolite went to 32 degrees a couple of weeks back & could've burned d paint then, well, i've moved them to an other location, do you think that they are finished or they'll come good in their new place, or what will happen, they haven't grown in a week, ''stressed over this i am'' never had problems like it b 4, thanks kid . .

they should come right if the conditions are correct, do you have a extractor in there? how can a envirolite get up 32?what kind of paint is it?varnish? when the heat went up to 32 were you a bit late with the watering and the plants were drooping?
if you can answer these questions i should know what the problem is....

D

drpressure600

too midnight

it was cold the last few months so with a small fan i got by, now that it's warmer theres a problem, no, theres no extractor fan, i thought i would be ok, theres no paint really, just emulsion on plaster, the door is an average white gloss painted bedroom door over it, i lost 32 clones because of this, they turned into jelly & fried. 32 other ones i done in the loft are looking very well, they are always watered, never a problem there, i think it was because there was no extractor fan, talk soon, thanks . .

I

Inuit

Best of luck getting your situation resolved. It sounds like you're on the right track.

I

Top Bottom