Seedlings turning yellow/brown

• Thread starter Julian123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Julian123

Julian123

Hello, first of all I would like to apologize about my English. I know it is not perfect but hope you will understand. I got 3 am 47 auto. I planted them together and 2 of them doesn’t look healthy. The leaves are turning yellow or brown it is not easy to say it now. I am growing outdoor. Don’t have any grow boxes. The temperature is about 22 Celsius. About 9 hours of light from sun. I am hiding them in house at the night. The ph of soil is about 5.5-6.5 and I added some perlit. Today they have about 9 days. I don’t know if ph of water is good. Can’t check it yet. I bought device to check it but I have to wait probably till Wednesday or Tuesday. Today is Sunday. I am trying not to overwater them. That is probably everything what I should say to you guys. And there is a one problem. Once I water them by water with salt. I didn’t want to because I didn’t know that this water is with salt. Someone add it there, sometimes my girlfriend is making water with salt to clean something and I didn’t take right bottle of water but I didn’t water them too much just a little and then recognized that this is not my water. I would be grateful for help. And I am not sure if the category where I post is correct sorry about that if it isn’t

Seedlings turning yellowbrown
Seedlings turning yellowbrown 2
Madbud

Madbud

The brown tips is likely overwatering. Let them dry til the pot is very light then try watering in a dish from the bottom. The root are probably deep enough by now. The salt could be fatal so transplant if it gets worse.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
They are still very young nd fragile at this point, but I think they will be OK as the damage might be a type of birth issue. I would put them in larger containers soon as the small ones that you are using dry out very quickly, which can be really bad for young plants. It will help to regulate the water and allow the roots to grow... they grow very quickly and fill a 5 gallon bucket in a month. Your Ph might be low... 5.5 is a bit acidic although you also mentioned 6.5, which is optimum. Until you determine what your water Ph is, and what the growing medium's Ph is, I would refrain from using anything. As @Madbud said, it is ready for a larger home.

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Check the PH of your water as soon as you can. Water when dried without the salt.

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Check the PH of your water as soon as you can. Water when soil is dried out a bit more without the salt.

Julian123

Julian123

guys thank you for your help The second one is still getting bigger and growing well but the rest of leaves are yellow but they color is in the same place I mean that they are not turning yellow anymore and I think that this is okay. I checked ph of soil it is 6.3. Still waiting for ph device to water. This second one is still getting worst, I will put water them from the bottom and then will try to put it to bigger cointainer.
This is the foto of second one I think she is ok.

D17B514E 5FA3 48EC B07C 5C43A2CEF6CB
Top Bottom