Seedlings

• Thread starter Bigredauto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigredauto

Bigredauto

What's up I'm new to the growing and I just started to grow autopounder auto seeds germinate went well put her in her home 3gal fab. Pot with ffof. Water the pot then put her in then checked the run off it was 2200 ppm I watered with 6.0 ph. and 98 ppm water should I worry ? I did a slurry with some soil off the top it was 140 ppm.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
What's up I'm new to the growing and I just started to grow autopounder auto seeds germinate went well put her in her home 3gal fab. Pot with ffof. Water the pot then put her in then checked the run off it was 2200 ppm I watered with 6.0 ph. and 98 ppm water should I worry ? I did a slurry with some soil off the top it was 140 ppm.
Fox Farms is pretty hot out of the bag and until it gets washed out a few times, it isn't unusual to get that high of an outflow reading the first time or two that you get water out of the bottom, although I would give it a good watering so that you get a good drainage going, then after it has run a little, take your sample then and check the PPMs. If it is still in the 2000s, I'd be a bit worried. Any time I use a medium for the 1st time, I water the tar out of it and make sure that I get a good outflow... this makes sure that the medium is fully hydrated and it helps to even out any hot spots that could be in the medium.

Bigredauto

Bigredauto

Ok was worried about burning my seedling so you think I'll be ok . I know I read to water before putting seed and taproom in so the seed stays put. Do you think I should go ahead and give it another good drink of just water or let it be and see how she does.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Only water as needed. The seedling will be fine in ocean forest regardless of the high runoff ppm’s. Worst i have seen in hundreds of different seedlings is a bit of leaf twist that works itself out as the plant grows bigger.

Just dont overwater. Thats why it helps to start plants in cups and transplant up. Cause if you saturate the big pot with the small seedling it will take weeks to dry out.

Bigredauto

Bigredauto

Only water as needed. The seedling will be fine in ocean forest regardless of the high runoff ppm’s. Worst i have seen in hundreds of different seedlings is a bit of leaf twist that works itself out as the plant grows bigger.

Just dont overwater. Thats why it helps to start plants in cups and transplant up. Cause if you saturate the big pot with the small seedling it will take weeks to dry out.
Even with auto flower I thought it best to start in forever pot but I'm new and learning . Thanks for info

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Even with auto flower I thought it best to start in forever pot but I'm new and learning . Thanks for info

They say that. And i started that way but i also overwatered my young autos.

Proper transplants dont stress plants. Takes some practice is all.

Your fine. Keep doing what you are doing. Experiment with different methods and techniques later.

Bigredauto

Bigredauto

They say that. And i started that way but i also overwatered my young autos.

Proper transplants dont stress plants. Takes some practice is all.

Your fine. Keep doing what you are doing. Experiment with different methods and techniques later.
How often do you water I heard when the pot feels light to lift

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

How often do you water I heard when the pot feels light to lift

Yes it is very important to wait until the pot is almost alarmingly light. Best way to judge is fill a pot with dry soil to compare. It should be almost that light.

I have waited an extra day many times just to be sure and it is usually still 2 days before the plant actually wilts from when i originally thought i better water.

When you get it right the plants explode with growth especially the last driest day.

Bigredauto

Bigredauto

Yes it is very important to wait until the pot is almost alarmingly light. Best way to judge is fill a pot with dry soil to compare. It should be almost that light.

I have waited an extra day many times just to be sure and it is usually still 2 days before the plant actually wilts from when i originally thought i better water.

When you get it right the plants explode with growth especially the last driest day.
Great advice thanks man hopefully I'll have some pics of my girl in few weeks

Latest posts

Top Bottom