Seeds forming

• Thread starter Brotofsky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Got a buddy who is in week 6 of flower and is finding seeds popping up. Should he harvest now or just hold out a few more weeks? Seems all plants are affected and don’t want to totally lose the harvest. Thank you for any help!!

Seeds forming
Seeds forming 2
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It isn't going to get any better, but since the seeds are already there, you might as well let them grow. How did it happen? Hermaphrodite plant? Males plants? The seeds might be feminized if hermed, which might make for a decent strain if the herm trait doesn't get passed along. Only way to tell is to grow one and see what happens!

B

Burned Haze

Sometimes it might just be 1-5 seeds (example) every oz and sometimes it might show if you see a seed it’s hundreds per oz ( example )

just matters on how much valuable pollen got on them girls

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

take the seeds when mature,smoke the rest,wont be as potent but still give you a buzz,you got um finish them out

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

It isn't going to get any better, but since the seeds are already there, you might as well let them grow. How did it happen? Hermaphrodite plant? Males plants? The seeds might be feminized if hermed, which might make for a decent strain if the herm trait doesn't get passed along. Only way to tell is to grow one and see what happens!
Pretty sure hermie, there were no males. I think it might have been light leaks.

ahemait

ahemait

Pretty sure hermie, there were no males. I think it might have been light leaks.
On most good sized female plants, if they remain un-pollinated, will produce a handful of male flowers to self pollinate, it's nothing to worry about. You just got yourself some free feminized seed is all. Keep it going.

I started making fem seeds that way. I was always thrilled to find the odd male flower.

Hermaphroditic plants are extremely obvious, and that is not. They will produce a significant volume of male flowers and be entirely apparent.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
On most good sized female plants, if they remain un-pollinated, will produce a handful of male flowers to self pollinate, it's nothing to worry about. You just got yourself some free feminized seed is all. Keep it going.

I started making fem seeds that way. I was always thrilled to find the odd male flower.

Hermaphroditic plants are extremely obvious, and that is not. They will produce a significant volume of male flowers and be entirely apparent.
I've kept some strains goig for 30 years or more with the occasional seed from a male flower. Def not the same as hermed, which seems to be genetic in origin instead of a reaction to stress.

ahemait

ahemait

I've kept some strains goig for 30 years or more with the occasional seed from a male flower. Def not the same as hermed, which seems to be genetic in origin instead of a reaction to stress.
Word.

Top Bottom