seeds from a hermi question

• Thread starter philly kush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
philly kush

philly kush

i have 2 strains going sweet haze n royal purple kush. A few months ago i had 2 take set up down asap at last minute notice i broke everything down n set back up all in 1 day. I was rushing cause it was gettin late my flowering room had a light leak that i didnt catch right away, 1 of my sweet hazes hermied n chucked some pollen on the RPK plants i saved some of the seeds from the rpk i was thinkin about poppin a few 2 c how it comes out but was wondering if they will b hermi, or will iget females. What do u guys think? Any input would B great thanx again guys,n happy gardening!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'm not sure if this is the same, but I've always assumed that bagseed (kindbud not brick) is from a hermi. I've got some strawberry cough bagseed that are seedlings right now. I'm curious too.

outwest

philly kush

philly kush

it would b hard 2 tell if your beans from the bag were from a hermi unless u seen it b4 harvest or from my lil mishap if u look at the herb closely on the stem u can see where the pollen sacks were n they will b popped open.Im goin 2 pop a few beans when i get the room,both of my rooms r packed 2 full capacity who knows may B if all goes well it will B some killa

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
it would b hard 2 tell if your beans from the bag were from a hermi unless u seen it b4 harvest or from my lil mishap if u look at the herb closely on the stem u can see where the pollen sacks were n they will b popped open.Im goin 2 pop a few beans when i get the room,both of my rooms r packed 2 full capacity who knows may B if all goes well it will B some killa

Only one way to find out!

outwest

philly kush

philly kush

yeah west u got that right, when i get some room i'll pop a few. hopefully some of the other farmers here will have some input on this.Im just curious 2 c if all grow conditions r good if the seeds carry a certain trait in them 2 b hermi no matter what or could they b male or female.

soserthc1

soserthc1

philly' from what i can currently imput is i pollen chucked a fem plant with a ww male and popped 15 beans out of the 88 i got off of one limb all 15 appeared to be female, I am currently down to six female plants (i put the other 8-9 out in woods some where) the six were then cut down to 2 females - that i have yet to flower out. So not exactly what you were asking but it does appear that these seeds are very viable - now will they hermie in flower ? I was under the impression that it not good to breed with fem plants but its all I had at the time......peace soser

philly kush

philly kush

thanx sose im gonna pop a couple n see what happens u never know i might come up with some killer danky dank dank

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Seeds produced from a hermi plant through stress are 99% female. When a plant is stressed, produces male flowers and seeds itself those are called S1 seeds (if it is the same plant) and are feminized. Very few if any seeds would produce a hermi.

soserthc1

soserthc1

thanx sose im gonna pop a couple n see what happens u never know i might come up with some killer danky dank dank
yea always a chance of finding a super plant.... gotta let them dry for like three month's though i believe - a breeder might be able to confirm or deny this but I almost positive they need 3 months to dry.....peace
Seeds produced from a hermi plant through stress are 99% female. When a plant is stressed, produces male flowers and seeds itself those are called S1 seeds (if it is the same plant) and are feminized. Very few if any seeds would produce a hermi.
So in my situation i pollen chucked a fem plant - so most or 99% should be female or no because it was pollenated with a male s- but then again a plant that hermies and pollenates itself is also male to s1 means fem or fem from hermie -self ?

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
yea always a chance of finding a super plant.... gotta let them dry for like three month's though i believe - a breeder might be able to confirm or deny this but I almost positive they need 3 months to dry.....peace
So in my situation i pollen chucked a fem plant - so most or 99% should be female or no because it was pollenated with a male s- but then again a plant that hermies and pollenates itself is also male to s1 means fem or fem from hermie -self ?

A female plant that hermies is not a male, it just created "male" flowers in order to polinate itself to reproduce, the pollen in those flowers is not male, its female. It has not actually changed sex. Your polination of a fem plant with male pollen will create regular seeds, not feminized. The S in S1 stands for "selfed" or self polinated, and since females only carry female chromosomes, even when they hermi, the seeds will be fem. Hope that helps Sos. Peace bro. Motiv

soserthc1

soserthc1

A female plant that hermies is not a male, it just created "male" flowers in order to polinate itself to reproduce, the pollen in those flowers is not male, its female. It has not actually changed sex. Your polination of a fem plant with male pollen will create regular seeds, not feminized. The S in S1 stands for "selfed" or self polinated, and since females on carry female chromosomes, even when they hermi, the seeds will be fem. Hope that helps Sos. Peace bro. Motiv
great info as always motiv - i really had no idea ...interesting thanks bro.....peace

philly kush

philly kush

Thanx O D i learn something every day from the farm

soserthc1

soserthc1

No sweat. That was kinda the quick and simple version of that info. Theres a bit more to it, but thats the generalgist of it. Word Sos, peace homie! Motiv
one day ill get my ass back to colo, - was there about 3-4 years ago for eagles game at mile high, stayed up the street from coors field and threw alot beers back on the street with all the bars on it....remember drinking on the roof of one of them. But was smoking seedy mids them days. I also remember that there was more homeless people than i have ever seen in any area. O and eating burito's at 3am from a dude selling them in coolers lol...... I am def gonna make a trip on the next cannabis cup (do you know when the next one is) and are you far from where i just detailed i was......... peace bro..... SoSeR.

philly kush

philly kush

Thanx Sose im gonna probably wait till fall 2 pop them , i dont have any room, i just added another 5x5 spot 2 the garden 4 a few moms so that should free up some space.This rain were havin blows at least its sunny n cozy in the garden my boy said he's gonna setup a beach chair in there

smokey79

smokey79

i have been tryin work this out myself^^^many thanks for the simple fem+fem=fem but when you get into it t head bustin the things they say can cause sex changes n fem/male/hermi ratios, n keep hettin told not pop selfed sseeds, as they will b hermis, i have done my own thing ass usual and popped em but only 2weeks old so cant help further, there a new handy product called research;)i have selfed supa skunk seed am confidant are female and a no bag seed good female ratios, i have read that there are farmers out there buying reg seed using enviromential factions to induce females, this is all new/fresh stuff but convincing as ususual simple is way i go if no male genes no males...my 2p bit;)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

instead of looking for male/female look for female/herm ratio and remember ALL cannabis is intrasexual plant and allways have the ability to produce both male and female sex organs....dont let the light leak and supposeably good breeders breed those finicky ones out by light stressing them just saying theres so many things that can trigger hermaphrodism

monkeymun

monkeymun

A female plant that hermies is not a male, it just created "male" flowers in order to polinate itself to reproduce, the pollen in those flowers is not male, its female. It has not actually changed sex. Your polination of a fem plant with male pollen will create regular seeds, not feminized. The S in S1 stands for "selfed" or self polinated, and since females only carry female chromosomes, even when they hermi, the seeds will be fem. Hope that helps Sos. Peace bro. Motiv

Have you got any links to back up the claim that females that hermie don't actually contain male chromosomes?

Top Bottom