Seeds growing out of buds, first grow with CO2 and gavita 1700

• Thread starter mcaveman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mcaveman

mcaveman

Well to say I am bummed is a under statement, my 2 oldest plants 1 fire og and 1 lsd are starting to spit out seeds from the bud, i have found about 6 total. room is set at 1500 ppm co2, 75 degrees air temp and they are getting RO water with no signs of nute burn . This is my first run with co2 and also with the 1700. Plants are 7 weeks into flower What am i doing wrong?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
one hermied... that really sucks! have you found the culprit?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Your seeds are caused by pollen somewhere. Are they Fem seeds? No males? Any hermies?

Pics would help, but environment does not cause seeds, pollen does. Gotta find the source. You might have a hermaphrodite in there somewhere that you have to dig for.

mcaveman

mcaveman

Your seeds are caused by pollen somewhere. Are they Fem seeds? No males? Any hermies?

Pics would help, but environment does not cause seeds, pollen does. Gotta find the source. You might have a hermaphrodite in there somewhere that you have to dig for.
All feminized plants from seeds

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You need to look for what people refer to as nanners, little banana shaped things

Some female plants will produce both male and female parts, especially when stressed in their environment. Some Fem seeds are more likely to than others.

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

These things are also highly variable, sometimes a whole branch might have male flowers, sometimes they sort of grow off a stem like Moe's pic, and sometimes you may get male flowers in the middle of a female bud. The last type is usually hardest to spot, often it may just be a single flower or two in the middle of a bud.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

These things are also highly variable, sometimes a whole branch might have male flowers, sometimes they sort of grow off a stem like Moe's pic, and sometimes you may get male flowers in the middle of a female bud. The last type is usually hardest to spot, often it may just be a single flower or two in the middle of a bud.
Good point. Since you only found 6 seeds so far, your probably looking for a very small area of maleness. Is that a word? Pretty soon we are going to be adding pronouns to our plants too. The C in LGBTQ stands for Cannabis don't you know.

Anthem

Anthem

Is the newest picture in your profile one of the plants with seeds?

mcaveman

mcaveman

Is the newest picture in your profile one of the plants with seeds?
No I didn’t take any, it’s looking like a total loss I’m gonna have to defunk the room and start over . I’m so bummed ! I’ll attach a pic later

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

No I didn’t take any, it’s looking like a total loss I’m gonna have to defunk the room and start over . I’m so bummed ! I’ll attach a pic later
That sucks. You can still use it even if it has seeds tho.

Water renders pollen inert, it's not hard to clean up.

Madmax

Madmax

You most likely have a nanner or 3 .yellow in color and shaped like minature banana.look all over the plant..they are very hard to find sometimes..

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You most likely have a nanner or 3 .yellow in color and shaped like minature banana.look all over the plant..they are very hard to find sometimes..
And one nanner will not ruin a whole crop. You need a bunch for that. There is only so much pollen that they contain.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

That blows dude, here's an example of what I had on one plant recently. Only found 2 but I need to check again lol
20210421 155113
20210421 155106
20210420 235813
they can be difficult to see sometimes, one was hiding under a sugar leave, but sometimes they stick out like a sore thumb

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I think I got em cuz I forgot to top the hydro off one night when drunk and I went in there a couple hours after lights off. I only peeked in from bottom of door flap for long enough to add 1 gal to reservoir and didn't even have the room light on but it must have been just enough light for just long enough to pop couple nanners

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

Pics please cus I may have the same issue and I weeded out my males

Top Bottom