Seeds in females, stress or genetics the cause?

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So I got 3 seeds, 2 from seedsman, one from a dispensary. The dispensary one was started a month earlier, then the 2 seedsman were placed in the same tent, 12/12 them one month later, harvest the same time about 2 months later. That said one of the seedsman, gelot.og was fine, no seeds, the dispensary seed white widow auto was fine, no seeds, but the king tut from seedsman, its got seeds in it lol. . Its at the opposite end of my intake fan, so I dont think it was pollinated from outside the room, or all 3 plants would have gotten seeds. The white widow was stressed the most lol, as were all three plants given it was my first grow. This was rdwc hydro btw, and i got root rot quite a few times. Overall, its fire weed, better than dispensary's in my opinion. Yet the king tut, has lots of seeds in it. Every bowl will have at least 1 seed. Its irritating especially given it was my lowest yield at only 40 grams :(.

Do you think this was bad genetics or caused from stress? like its not alot of seeds by no means, and its not in all 3 plants so what in the heck?

Also what type of seeds would these be given I didnt actually try to make them. Are these the seeds that hold the traits of the mother lol? Are they feminized?

The seeds are not actually in every bud either. Ive had an 1/8th with no seeds so far . so its weird

Nate.Betos

Nate.Betos

So I got 3 seeds, 2 from seedsman, one from a dispensary. The dispensary one was started a month earlier, then the 2 seedsman were placed in the same tent, 12/12 them one month later, harvest the same time about 2 months later. That said one of the seedsman, gelot.og was fine, no seeds, the dispensary seed white widow auto was fine, no seeds, but the king tut from seedsman, its got seeds in it lol. . Its at the opposite end of my intake fan, so I dont think it was pollinated from outside the room, or all 3 plants would have gotten seeds. The white widow was stressed the most lol, as were all three plants given it was my first grow. This was rdwc hydro btw, and i got root rot quite a few times. Overall, its fire weed, better than dispensary's in my opinion. Yet the king tut, has lots of seeds in it. Every bowl will have at least 1 seed. Its irritating especially given it was my lowest yield at only 40 grams :(.

Do you think this was bad genetics or caused from stress? like its not alot of seeds by no means, and its not in all 3 plants so what in the heck?

Also what type of seeds would these be given I didnt actually try to make them. Are these the seeds that hold the traits of the mother lol? Are they feminized?

The seeds are not actually in every bud either. Ive had an 1/8th with no seeds so far . so its weird
cannabis , in he wild will get trampled by animals and wrecked by weather and come back stronger....however when people grow they baby the plants too much letting the plants become ..complacent .if they are not used to stress from the early stages then yes its possible that your plant went HERME .......you want ceeds ? . or flower ...you can harvest seeds for making your garden bigger.granted that thats what you want ...or just same strain turn over .....or are the seeds not wanted..........if this is so it sounds like the plant was babied too much .......as soon as the plant grows 6 to 9 inches ...bend it and stress it right from early

Nate.Betos

Nate.Betos

I would think it’s either pollen or the immaculate conception.
stress training early will insure that the plant knows what to withstand .......if you just let it go and flip it .....its a big chance the plant will freak out on some fashion

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’ll stand pat on the, it takes pollen, theory. Probably lucky the whole thing didn’t get jacked up.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You may have gotten a first gen cross seed somehow. It would have seeds for the breeder to use for pheno hunting. Sounds like a fairly new cross. I'm not a geneticist, don't quote me on it. LOL

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Or a little flying insect could’ve visited one of your careless neighbors plants, loaded up, access to your room, landed on the tut, walked around for a few minutes, decided I don’t like this plant and took off. Just the way mother nature intended for it to happen. The moral of the story is to deal with your male plants!

Nate.Betos

Nate.Betos

Or a little flying insect could’ve visited one of your careless neighbors plants, loaded up, access to your room, landed on the tut, walked around for a few minutes, decided I don’t like this plant and took off. Just the way mother nature intended for it to happen. The moral of the story is to deal with your male plants!
agreed

Moshmen

Moshmen

99% stress related ! Don’t worry bout it to much. buy better genetics IMO

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I think it hermied and seeded itself. It was probably a combination of stress and genetics.

Plants only have so much energy from photosynthesis, when they use it to make seeds it will take away from producing buds. That could be a major reason why it produced such little bud compared to the other plants.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I think it hermied and seeded itself. It was probably a combination of stress and genetics.

Plants only have so much energy from photosynthesis, when they use it to make seeds it will take away from producing buds. That could be a major reason why it produced such little bud compared to the other plants.
It was an auto ? Correct - stress will affect your yield big time and produce 1,2,3seeds but a hermie throws pollen! Usually get more than a seed or two .

Vintaw

Vintaw

I've had my entire crop go Hermie, that's 120 plants. They were from clones though. And I made clones off them before I through them into bloom. However, the clones didn't Hermie. Stress can royally screw your crop up. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

The more I think of it, even if it
Crappy feminized seeds have seeds. Haven't found an exception personally.
What if it's a photo? Like is there a chance all these seeds have the mother's trait? If so will they be feminized too?.. No seeds in anything else, and if pollen entered tent, I feel it would have hit the other plants too.

Ponky

Ponky

The more I think of it, even if it

What if it's a photo? Like is there a chance all these seeds have the mother's trait? If so will they be feminized too?.. No seeds in anything else, and if pollen entered tent, I feel it would have hit the other plants too.
I read about the science. When you breed 2 feminized plants a certain way you create this unusual genetic material. And those plants suck. Feminized seeds have to be don't right. Or you just get nice looking and smelling buds. That always have a few bag seeds in em. Those are female. And they suck. You gotta try find a friend with a cutting of known good genetics. Or win the seed lottery. I'm trying government seeds for the first time ever. To see if they're better. Only clones give me that nice strong plant. Regional experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom