Seeds, pistils still white, no herms found, week 3

• Thread starter growergal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growergal

growergal

Supporter
I'm week 3 in bud, found green seeds, but pistils are still white and long with no herms detected. Anyone see this happen before?

Seeds pistils still white no herms found week 3
Seeds pistils still white no herms found week 3 2
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yes, there is pollen somewhere.

Inside?
What plants do you have or is this the only one?
What are the genetics?

growergal

growergal

Supporter
Yes, there is pollen somewhere.

Inside?
What plants do you have or is this the only one?
What are the genetics?
Ok. So even though the hairs didn't recede, it got pollinated? It's just one pheno of one strain. Maybe 20 plants. I'm going to spray with water and rip them out now. Whole room is 300 plants. Not seeing that on others at least not yet. I just thought it was so odd to see that big of seed so early without the hairs receding and no nanners or balls, but they can be super hard to spot.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That is odd. You'd expect the stigmas to turn red.

growergal

growergal

Supporter
That is odd. You'd expect the stigmas to turn red.
Yeah, that's what I thought. The stigmas catch the pollen, turn brown, retract into the ovule and then seed forms from the ovule. If the hairs are still bright white and long, then how the heck did it pollinate the ovule?

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
So even though the hairs didn't recede, it got pollinated? It's just one pheno of one strain. Maybe 20 plants. I'm going to spray with water and rip them out now.
So only 1 particular phenotype got pollenized? How is this possible given the fact pollen moves with the air and a single anther can release thousands after thousands of pollen... you got ventilation there? no other seeds confirmed on the other phenotypes? there is a very tiny possibility of mitotic seeds...

growergal

growergal

Supporter
So only 1 particular phenotype got pollenized? How is this possible given the fact pollen moves with the air and a single anther can release thousands after thousands of pollen... you got ventilation there? no other seeds confirmed on the other phenotypes? there is a very tiny possibility of mitotic seeds...
That's what I'm seeing. I have 15 fans in the room, 2 dehumidifiers, 1 exhaust and 2 ac units, so the air is definitely flowing which is also what's always scary with finding herms or seeds in a well ventilated room, but I don't see any other sign of seed in 4 other strains or even in the 3 other phenotypes of this strain. It's also odd that they are this big in week 3. I've been growing for 6 years at scale and only have ever seen balls releasing pollen at day 13 at the earliest, so if it did happen and I didn't spot, you'd think they'd be a lot smaller still. I'm not familiar with mitotic seeds, so I'll have to look that up.

Top Bottom